Peafowl Medications

Pics
Top 10 foods containing Thiamine( Vitamine B1 ). 1.Fish, 2.Pork, 3. Sun flower seeds, 4. Nuts, 5. Bread, 6. Green Peas, 7. Acorn Squash, 8.Asparagus, 9&10 Beans. So then when treating for Cocicdiosis stop feeding sunflower seeds and bread, this is exactly why this forum is the best source of help anywhere ! My male wants to go outside so bad he has been crying almost but I cant control meds if they go out just yet, couple more days.......I will post pics of her leg later tonight or if I have to move her back to her spot by food and water

Top 10 foods containing Thiamine( Vitamine B1 ). 1.Fish, 2.Pork, 3. Sun flower seeds, 4. Nuts, 5. Bread, 6. Green Peas, 7. Acorn Squash, 8.Asparagus, 9&10 Beans. So then when treating for Cocicdiosis stop feeding sunflower seeds and bread, this is exactly why this forum is the best source of help anywhere ! My male wants to go outside so bad he has been crying almost but I cant control meds if they go out just yet, couple more days.......I will post pics of her leg later tonight or if I have to move her back to her spot by food and water
In moderation I'm sure they're fine, but giving a b supplement should probably be avoided.

With goats the use of corid to treat coccidiosis has the draw back in that the corid inhibits Thiamine in order to kill the cocci thus the five day treatment recommendation. The drawback is that the goat needs the Thiamine in order to have a functioning rumen thus after the five day corid treatment you need to start the goat on several days of B1 -Thiamine injections plus pro-bios in order to get it's rumen functioning again. Many use di-methox because of this plus the fact that corid seems to be losing it's effectiveness in goats. Just wondering if peas also need a B-1 boost after corid treatment such as feeding the above ten listed foods at the end of the treatment?

I was told to put them on an electrolyte nutrient mix , ( 1 tsp per 2&1/2 gal. )
0606171920c.jpg
0602171908 (2).jpg
0602171908 (2).jpg
after the corid but didnt mention for how many days before giving them just water but will asked tomorrow when Shemp goes back to the vet for a check up since he splinted it, the splint is hard to see as it is white and goes up the leg higher then the green stretch wrap.

She hates the wrap, cant use her leg at all, but hates me touching her even more but is getting used to me having to move her and replace her water and food close by but she will still flail about if I dont use a towel to blind her before moving and touching her....I wanted goats for milk and they all look so fun as playful but now after peacocks, no way, from what I hear goats are even harder to maintain, but at least you get to pet them, ,y birds get close to you , you dont get close to them, Im the only one who can walk up on them but touch one of them oh no they all may go nuts and do when I move Shemp around, none of them like me touching her. Larry will run to her side afterwards to make sure her sister is ok and lays right by her at night, she even laid an egg by her and then laid back down in another spot next to her. Interested behavior out of them all the time.

Last edited:
Some where on this site I had posted pics of my hens splinted leg that she broke. I cant find anything anymore on this site! The vet took the splint off AFTER 3 WEEKS and said she might have a little limp charged me $89 and we made the hour drive home, where upon we let her go back with the rest of them and she is totally crippled ! The vet set her leg wrong and it healed sideways and the dickless vet didnt even have the guts to tell me in his office it was messed up and so when I called him on it an hour later back at home , he said he raised chickens "and when one of them got injured it became dinner",

*Edited by staff*

Some where on this site I had posted pics of my hens splinted leg that she broke. I cant find anything anymore on this site! The vet took the splint off AFTER 3 WEEKS and said she might have a little limp charged me $89 and we made the hour drive home, where upon we let her go back with the rest of them and she is totally crippled ! The POS vet set her leg wrong and it healed sideways and the dickless vet didnt even have the guts to tell me in his office it was messed up and so when I called him on it an hour later back at home , he said he raised chickens "and when one of them got injured it became dinner", Oh really, its on now! So after I pay to fix the birds leg correctly with surgery now, so it may walk again Im coming after you and suing the F"""""ING PISS OUT OF YOU ! NEVER TAKE ANY ANIMAL IN MI TO THE SAULT ANIMAL HOSPITAL !

I would be really upset too! A refund is in order and to be fair the vet should buy the bird at full price of a replacement. All of us need to have a good relationship with a competent vet.

Back
Top Bottom