Peafowl Question

annanicole18

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Well my hubby would like a peafowl pair but we live in town. granted it is a small farming community but i dont think the noise of a peacock would go over well. Do all peacocks make as much noise as the ones at the zoo do? or do they have to be feeling stressed? thanks for any help

I have not heard of any quiet peafowl.. they do make noise even without stress.. I would love to have a pair.. my friend raises several varieties and they are beautiful but unless caged hard to contain and I am fearful of them roosting on their roof and shrieking in the middle of the night or something...
hmm.png

Peafowl can be noisy. They have several different "calls" . They do the George of the jungle - kaa kaa kaa. A "I got lucky" after mating call -kind of a honking bugle and the alarm -bugle.

We have been hearing the "I got lucky" call quite a bit now and are waiting eggs.
smile.png

Steve in NC

No quite peafowl ever born...I have about 60 wild hanging round the ranch and all of the above is true. I guess their wild but they have me trained..I feed em..I have had friends that have gotten pairs only to be disappointed when they "flew the coop" for greener pastures. They have a wide ranging route and may not come back.

Back
Top Bottom