Peahen came home after two years.

PhilMitch

Songster
Jul 4, 2017
About two years ago one of our Peahens left us after having some chicks. I'm guessing she went to see the Peacock that would call at night in the distance.
Anyway, she came back about a week ago along with four peahens and one young peacock.

This morning I came to feed them and she was at the bottom of some steps to an out building, unfortunately deceased.

My question is do you think she brought them back as she knew we'd look after them or was it merely a coincidence.

I'm guessing where they came from they didn't have human interaction as they are very timid. She on the other hand was fine and took food from us etc.

I ask as it's amazing what some animals can do and even sense that a newborn is ill and abandon it as they know not to put energy into some thing that will die.

It's safe to say I cried a little, I always wondered how she was doing. I'm just happy I got to spend some days with her.

Last edited:
Wow that is amazing she came back with her peahens and peacock. I personally don’t believe in coincidences so I think she knew something was up and remembered the care you gave her and brought them back before she unfortunately passed. What a touching story, I literally just teared up reading this :hugs thanks for sharing this!

Thought I'd upload a picture of her with her chicks. She was a fiesty momma. 😁
Peahen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom