Peahen in tree for 2 days

Aw man. I don't know how to help then unfortunately :(
To think I was so worried after the two days and now it is a week! I see her pecking at the branches at times but how much could she get? Temps are pretty good right now, near 40, but they are plummeting again tonight to 15, Sat night will be single digits again! UGH! I guess the ball's in her court. I feel helpless at this point.

Is it possible she was chased by a ground predator and got ina tree to escape and now feels safe there?
It is likely that something scared her to cause her to fly into the tree the first day. That would not be unusual. Even a dog running towards her would cause that. The thing is, they know when the coast is clear and come down as soon as they can. Except for night roosting, they prefer to be on the ground. None of my peafowl have ever stayed up in a tree for more than a nighttime roost. On top of that, it is winter and they like to roost in the barn when it is cold. Today makes a full week of not coming down. I am not sure how she is surviving without food and water, though I have seen her peck at the branches. I am not sure what she can get out of that.

Back
Top Bottom