Peanut’s Adopt-An-Egg Hatch-A-Long

Phew 😮‍💨 just I’m time. Thank you.
I am really.. really sorry.

Today I candled the eggs.. all are showing signs of development except number 4, the blue egg.

Looks like a yolk. All the eggs have veins except this egg.
Should I scrap it? Peanut needs more space under there- I’m not sure that she’s incubating all the eggs evenly.

977F6837-E252-4C74-80FA-CA4F57AD95F8.jpeg
6B1F8EC5-1252-4A07-8D4E-AC823C59138B.jpeg

@LadiesAndJane @PippinTheChicken
Do y’all know if I should scrap the egg or not?

They have been under the broody for over a week- closer to 2 weeks I believe.

Today I candled the eggs.. all are showing signs of development except number 4, the blue egg.

Should I scrap it? Peanut needs more space under there- I’m not sure that she’s incubating all the eggs evenly.

View attachment 3091307View attachment 3091308

This what what two of my clear/infertiles looked like on day 10 in case it helps:
1651626262860.jpeg

1651626308637.jpeg

I cracked them after I took them out to make sure my instinct was correct. Just clear w yolk, no development at all.

Thanks.
So are you thinking I should scrap? Or wait a few more days?
If they don’t smell, you could give them a couple of days. But in my current first hatch, the four I saw no veins in from day 5 to day 10 were clears. There was a significant difference, even in the dark eggs. I could see some type of something in the rest I kept.

View attachment 3091307View attachment 3091308

I would keep it longer. I had an egg that I thought was clear, but it ended up hatching. You don't want to accidentally throw away a developing embryo.

If they don’t smell, you could give them a couple of days. But in my current first hatch, the four I saw no veins in from day 5 to day 10 were clears. There was a significant difference, even in the dark eggs. I could see some type of something in the rest I kept.
I would keep it longer. I had an egg that I thought was clear, but it ended up hatching. You don't want to accidentally throw away a developing embryo.
Thanks! I'll keep it in for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom