Pearl grey silkie question

kurka

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 2, 2010
Does anyone have a pic of pearl grey silkie chick, and adult bird? And maybe lavender one on the same pic? I have 3 silkie non standard chicks, and is i guess lavender or pearl grey, it looks silvery grey.. I had one more, looking uniform deep warm grey, but it didn't survive:/ I would like to know what are colours of my silkies, to know how cross them, they are not too good in type, [and not too good in form -are bit sick now:/]but i like colours. I remember that pearl grey was from crossing lav+black

Quote:
if you can post of picture of your silkies we can maybe tell you the colors you have.
also if yours are not too good in type, you might want to start with something better.

Pearl grey, lavender and self-blue are all terms used in different coultries for the same colour, which is made with a double dose of the lavender gene and no patterning or red/gold. The term self-blue can also be used for a bird with a similar appearance, but made with the blue gene rather than the lavender gene.

thank you for answers, so i misunderstood some informations. i guess he's lavender? looks like a little roo to me:) he's down on neck is kind of buffish.. still changing feathers.

hoppy: i have a pair of whites, that i think are ok, hen is good enough for me and a roo needs some work on melanizers, but looks ok too.
lavender chick and the reddis-butterish[red with yellow neck and probably head -too young to say] second one was bought for looking nice and some mix crosses for my project - i need only silky feathering from them for that:)

thank you:) definetly he won't be because he have 6 fingers, thats first thing. but have a nice colour and blue earlobes, thats all i want from him. I think it's rooster because he have that "rooster sight"
wink.png
the way of looking at me, i know it may sound funny:)

Back
Top Bottom