Pearl Star Leghorns

There have to be other breeds in their background besides Rock and Sussex to get those white earlobes. Please post pictures as they mature and especially when they are mature to see how they turn out. I'd like to see how they compare to the pictures the hatchery has of them.

Hey all! Thanks for all the info! Appreciate it. I actually called the hatchery (Townline Hatchery here in MI) - this is what they said. The breeding information that is posted is correct. The actual breeders are from the Czech Republic and when Townline gets them (eggs for incubation), the breeders assign them a number (instead of name). So, Townline came up with this name. When I asked why Leghorn, they said due to it NOT laying brown eggs they wanted to put Leghorn in there to let people know - no brown eggs - eggs to be cream off white. Hope this helps! Thanks again for all the info! I did get 3 of these chicks and will post back late this summer/fall how well they are doing at the time.
:hmm thinking they could have just listed the egg color in the description.

The colors of the birds and the build they show also baffle me. Both Sussex and rocks are heavier birds.....
šŸ¤Ø
Even my dog says it is shifty.
Please do tag us or post back here, I'm interested to see how they turn out.

@21hens-incharge LOL You're cracking me up!

:p My dog has a super shifty detector.....just ask if he mailman. :lau soooooo shifty!
:lol: Love it!
The descriptions are interesting on that website. I do see they have a few "crosses"? from Czech Republic. I don't think I've every really looked at their birds much since minimum order is what 15? That's too many for me to order at a time. I wouldn't mind trying out some of those Plymouth Blue Rocks!

Back
Top Bottom