Pearl Star Leghorns

Pics

Wetmorechick

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Allegan MI
Who knows about this breed? Are they good layers? Any information will be helpful. I got them at a local farm store - sign said “new rare breed”. I think it’s a cross breed but not sure.

Who knows about this breed? Are they good layers? Any information will be helpful. I got them at a local farm store - sign said “new rare breed”. I think it’s a cross breed but not sure.

Most feed stores, order from a hatchery - ask them where the got the chicks.
Towline Hatchery has "Pearl Star Leghorns" which is a cross between Partridge Rocks and Sussex. https://townlinehatchery.com/product/pearl-star-leghorn/

Hey all! Thanks for all the info! Appreciate it. I actually called the hatchery (Townline Hatchery here in MI) - this is what they said. The breeding information that is posted is correct. The actual breeders are from the Czech Republic and when Townline gets them (eggs for incubation), the breeders assign them a number (instead of name). So, Townline came up with this name. When I asked why Leghorn, they said due to it NOT laying brown eggs they wanted to put Leghorn in there to let people know - no brown eggs - eggs to be cream off white. Hope this helps! Thanks again for all the info! I did get 3 of these chicks and will post back late this summer/fall how well they are doing at the time.

Back
Top Bottom