peck wound

SilkieMomPoof

Songster
7 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Hey ya'll! So, my little Tic-Tac (a 1 week old bobwhite) has been bullied! I had some freinds over today, and they wanted to go see the quail, but the babies got a little stressed out by all the people and started pecking each other! Tic-tac got an open wound on his behind, and I was wondering what I should treat it with! I have isolated him from the others, and he is eating and drinking fine, but I just don't know what to do to clean or treat the wound. Please adivise! thank you!

Clean w/ water or saline solution if you have it, either by rinsing or with Q-tip, if needed. If the chicken is isolated and there is no danger of further injury, you can put some antibiotic ointment on it. There is also Blue cote which will cover the red and keep the other chickens from further attacking

Okay, thank you! I've been hearing about blue cote from some other places too, so I think I'm gonna see what that is tomorrow, since all the local game bird places are currently closed. He is isolated, so I can at least know that he won't be picked on until then. Thank you so much! I don't know where i'd be without ya'll!

Back
Top Bottom