Pecking hard...

Oh lurky - that's so funny! Although you should tell your step-father that should be the new name for the Orpington, not you.

i've never had any of my chickens do the bite-twist maneuver with me. i had a little one that was doing it with the new group i was trying to integrate. She would bite-twist-hold and PULL. She has a new home now.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

You all are just entirely toooooooo hen-pecked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
I was just wondering if your fingernails might be painted red or pink? My niece had red toe nails and fingernails and could hardly go in the coop without the girls practically attacking her fingers and toes.

I recall reading somewhere that they are attracted to the color red. Apparantly its true because it definitely provoked a reaction from our girls.

Just a thought
big_smile.png

Nope, no red fingernails (toenails, yes...and they all peck at those, but it's just their "testing" peck. It's not a hard one). This chick's got a 'tude and has since she was a babe (she flew up at my face at three weeks old when I flicked her off after--yes, you guessed it--pecking hard and twisting). SUCH a punk.

Amy

Quote:
Wow, Amy, she DOES sound like a little punk! I had a few fly up to my chest/shoulders about that age when they were outside because they were afraid (of blowing leaves and such, LOL), but I never imagined one *attacking* in that way at that age. Wow. Bad chicken!

Just wondering, what breed is she?

trish

Back
Top Bottom