Pecking injury...

So, both girls are looking better! No eggs in two days but that's ok I think. Both eating and drinking and doing their chicken business. Still seperated in two dog crates. I didn't have my phone with me to take pictures this morning, but I can if y'all want to see them. My next question, every time I get Cinnamon out of her crate to treat her, she tries to go after Popcorn. She can't get to her of course but she tries. Relentlessly. I had to switch out her food and water bowls to ones I used when they were chicks, because she paces her crate, trying to get at Popcorn and would knock them over. I have their crates covered with towels, not only to try and keep some heat in, but to hide them from each other. What if she attacks Popcorn once they are back in the coop? Can this behavior be changed or does she need to be disposed of? I hate to cull her, she is a great layer. I'm hoping she gets knocked down the totem pole while she is seperate but she still tries to go after Popcorn. I'm just thinking ahead. Just as a reminder in case it helps, they were raised together since day olds. No new chickens have been added. And Popcorn is a light brahma while Cinnamon is a pearl star leghorn. Thanks for any and all advice!

..or Cinnamon is a neurotic psychopath.
This is what I'm inclined to believe. Seriously, I've never seen a chicken go after another one like this, it's really strange. I will see how they act together once they are healed. If Cinnamon keeps acting like a nutso, she's out. Is there anything I can do now to prevent anything bad happening in the future?

Back
Top Bottom