Peculiar color pattern

Very interesting bird, definitely appears to be a chimera. Can you get some additional pics during the day so we can see the feather patterns?

Another pic, still not daylight. The wretched bird KNOWS I want a full-front pic and will go to any lengths to prevent it.

90118_early_bird.jpg

Yep. Half girl half boy too. Gosh these seem to be such a rising thing lately! You're the fourth person this year I've seen with such.

Because the left half has male coloration and completely different leg color (some leg colors can be sex-linked) Plus the left half has bigger wattles.

Males have specific coloration? And leg colors are usually sex-linked? Are these colors characteristic of a particular gender? And I wouldn't rely on MY photography to assess wattle size. I'll go check that out in the morning!

This critter looks like a rooster - tall, lean, legs like a game cock. And he does a lot of chest-butting with the other one that I think may be a roo.

Last edited:
I saw a post earlier about a crowing hen and some one used the term gynandromorph, it was a huge word lol so i googled it and i think thats what you got! It may lay eggs and crow!

I just came back from the poultry barn at the Spencer MA Fair. where I got a good close look at some breeds I'd never seen before. I'll bet my amazing peculiar roosterette is at least part black copper maran! The narrow threadlike neck feathers, the particular red color shading, the intense green and purple sheen on his back feathers, and the incredible shine on the red feathers looked just like those on the exhibited BCM cockerels. If I could get a shine like that on my hair I'd go into the conditioner business!

I entered 2 doz eggs - XL and jumbo - and got 2 red ribbons. Blue would have been better, but hey - this was my first time!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom