Peekaboo penis when pooping

Duckylove44

Hatching
Jun 21, 2023
I am a first time duck mom to two 1.5 year old ducks, and they are stressing me out with all the weird duck things I know nothing about. Lol. Today, my question is, I’ve notice that my drakes penis pops out when he poops. It’s comes out about an inch, hangs out for a second, then goes back in and seems to stay up there just fine. Of course I looked it up, but the internet is terrifying. His poop seems to be fairly normal. He’s never had the “nastiest” poos, like my hen who is unholy every single time she lets loose, but smaller solid, for the most part. I guess what I’m asking, is it normal to have that pop out pretty regularly when going pop?? Or is this a major concern?

I am a first time duck mom to two 1.5 year old ducks, and they are stressing me out with all the weird duck things I know nothing about. Lol. Today, my question is, I’ve notice that my drakes penis pops out when he poops. It’s comes out about an inch, hangs out for a second, then goes back in and seems to stay up there just fine. Of course I looked it up, but the internet is terrifying. His poop seems to be fairly normal. He’s never had the “nastiest” poos, like my hen who is unholy every single time she lets loose, but smaller solid, for the most part. I guess what I’m asking, is it normal to have that pop out pretty regularly when going pop?? Or is this a major concern?
I can't say i have ever noticed that happening with my drakes, but i have never watched for it either 😝
I would not be concerned about it as long as it's going back in.

I did. I didn’t feel like it gave me any information? I still don’t get it. Lol. I’m almost positive that nothing is nibbling him. He doesn’t seem to be acting any differently or seem to be uncomfortable in any way. Sometimes his poop is watery, but more often than not, it’s normal. I noticed it happening awhile back, but didn’t think it was abnormal, since nothing about a duck is normal.

I did. I didn’t feel like it gave me any information? I still don’t get it. Lol. I’m almost positive that nothing is nibbling him. He doesn’t seem to be acting any differently or seem to be uncomfortable in any way. Sometimes his poop is watery, but more often than not, it’s normal. I noticed it happening awhile back, but didn’t think it was abnormal, since nothing about a duck is normal.
When do ducks not have watery poo? 🤣

I don't know why that is happening necessarily but the only concern i would have is if he is having a lot of trouble retracting it he could be at risk for prolapse or having it bitten..which could cause a prolapse.
The only thing i can think you could do about it is separate him for a while where he isn't using his corkscrew for mating and see if it gets better.
That and make sure he had access to swimming water which you already do.
I've noticed when my drakes dangle is out after mounting a duck on dry land he'll jump in the water, i think that helps with retraction.

Back
Top Bottom