peeling eggs

beth_e_s

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
A lady who just bought her first dozen fresh eggs from me (and loved them) asked if there is any easy way (or any way) to peel hard boiled fresh eggs. I couldn't answer since I have not figured it out myself. I can rarely get a fresh egg to peel without the egg coming off with the shell. So I am asking here. (She also wanted to know why they were almost all blue
smile.png
) Thanks, Beth

from what I have heard, peeling fresh eggs is a waste - if you are going to do it, use eggs that are at least 1 week old or older. Older eggs peel easier.

I can peel my eggs straight out of the hen house with this...................

Bring water to a boil with a pinch of salt in it.
Gently with a spoon, lower the eggs into the boiling water.
Let the water come back to a rolling boil and boil eggs for 14 minutes.
Run under cold water until you can handle them and peel.

Most people grew up starting eggs in cold water, with fresh eggs, you have to start with boiling water.

I will reserve some of the larger eggs for myself to boil later and will usually save them for about 2 weeks. I have heard so many different old wives tales I don't know what to believe anymore. I know for sure that when they're older they've already lost moisture enough to have the "skin" pull away from the shell and bacteria starts forming enough that makes them easy to peel.

Back
Top Bottom