Peep! Peep! I'm HEEEEEEERE!

Barry Natchitoches

Songster
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Tennessee
Peep! Peep!

I'm HEEEEEEEERE, Folks!

I made my way from under the protective wing of my broody mother about noontime today. I am 7/8ths of an ounce, with delicate, pastel yellow down. I have four toes per leg and two wings, and I'm perfectly healthy.

And I DO know how to peep!

I might have some siblings. In fact, my human parents think they heard more peeping coming from under Momma Broody.

But if I know, I'm not gonna tell! They'll just have to learn later, after Momma comes off the nest with her newly hatched little ones.

And I'm not gonna tell my human parents whether I'm a little girl or a little boy either! They'll just have to figure it out when I either lay an egg, or I crow about my "conquests." I did NOT come out of my egg shell with a little pink, or little blue leg band...

My broody momma is a buff ameraucana pullet about seven months old, and my daddy is a buff ameraucana cockerel also seven months old. My "genetic" mother is either a buff ameraucana pullet or maybe a wheaten ameraucana pullet. My daddy has both kinds of pullets in his harem.

I'm too young for the humans in my life to tell exactly what I am, and I'm not gonna tell them.

Anyway, Hello World.... I've ARRIVED !

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

Trudy hatched three babies and then abandoned the other seven eggs she was sitting on.

Meantime, a THIRD Ameraucana hen has decided to go broody. So I quickly transferred the 7 Trudy has been sitting on over to the third broody, who I guess we will name Judy.

Trudy's teaching her little ones how to eat and drink. They love to play with her, and to hide under her wings when I come in the room.

Meantime, my SECOND Ameraucana hen, who we named Rudy, is still sitting on her three eggs. She should hatch hers in about six or seven days.

I'm being over run by broodies...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom