*Peeping How much longer??!!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tripp16, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi everyone!! Ok so alot of you probably know I am in the process of hatching 13 silkie eggs. Im pretty sure 7 are living.

Well they are late but I hear peeps. Not continous just every now and then. How much longer do you think it will be? This means theyre breathing air now right?

Oh and they havent pipped yet. How long until then? Sorry for so many questions just really excited/ nervous.... [​IMG]

2. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    What day is it?

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:21/22 meaning its between the two. LOL

4. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Anyone else??? [​IMG]

5. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    I would say anytime! I bet you have internal pips..you just can't see it. One egg of mine has external pip now [​IMG] It's chirping loudly! Mine broke through the air cell around 6am and it's now cracked open the egg. FINALLY [​IMG]

6. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Awesome!!! How long did that take?? [​IMG]

7. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

Well 6:57 I seen the beak tapping in the air cell, and moving back n forth. It would rest then start back up..I've been checking the eggs when mom gets up to eat or drink, and an hr ago, no cracks till now. So Internal around 7am..external around 3pm. I marked the spot where I could see the egg tooth resting on the shell, and sure enough, that's where the hole is now

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina

Well 6:57 I seen the beak tapping in the air cell, and moving back n forth. It would rest then start back up..I've been checking the eggs when mom gets up to eat or drink, and an hr ago, no cracks till now. So Internal around 7am..external around 3pm. I marked the spot where I could see the egg tooth resting on the shell, and sure enough, that's where the hole is now

7 AM is about when I left for work and I heard the first peeping. Mine havent externally piped yet but if they are on the same track as yours it shouldnt be long! [​IMG]

9. jen85

jen85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I think it can be really fast or really long. Mine started cheaping last night around 7 pm and it just pipped at about 2pm today. I'm on day 21 too. The other four I'm expecting to hatch arn't doing anything yet.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  10. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:Update us with some pics when they hatch! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by