Peeping inside the egg...is it possible or am I imagining things.

SirTerris

Chirping
Dec 8, 2015
I am on day 19 of my hatch, and had to add more water to my incubator....while the alarm was going off because i had the lid open, I was sure I heard distinct peeping coming from one of the belgian d'uccle eggs.

Is this possible, or am I imagining things. I didn't see any pipping, just heard baby chicken noises....

It's definitely possible! You may hear peeping inside one or two of the eggs after they have internally pipped (broken through the air sac). Next comes the external pip!

....now the big question...how am I supposed to sleep knowing there are baby chickens peeping away inside their shells?

Im not doing anything, i havent heard any peeping since adding water to the incubator though....i just hope everything goes well, Im so worried ive somehow killed them all...

Im not doing anything, i havent heard any peeping since adding water to the incubator though....i just hope everything goes well, Im so worried ive somehow killed them all...

Don't fret, they don't continuously peep. They will have bouts of peeping/moving around while they are getting ready to hatch and then bouts of quiet while they are resting and absorbing their yolk.

Back
Top Bottom