*~*~*~Peep's Hideout ~*~*~*

day 8 of my cold! eh.
Oh wow! We have had some pretty chilly weather as well. Rain, lots of rain!
lol.png
The rabbits and chickens don't seem thrilled about it, the ducks and geese however, love it! The run is starting to look pretty muddy as it does every winter. I don't think I'm too ready for winter quite yet!
hide.gif
gig.gif
It's time to break out the winter socks and coats. Lol I think a break or an end to the heat is nice though, I guess the real reason I'm not very happy for this winter is I don't want this summer to end, even though it has.
hit.gif
I don't really look forward to driving in the snow, I'll get over it though.
tongue.png
I've been embracing flannel and sweater weather though, that's been pretty great. :)
Quote: Oh no! We have a few half bald chickens too, feathers everywhere! I walked out about a week ago and thought something had broke into the chicken pen and had gotten one of them because there was so many feathers, turns out they were just molting.
lau.gif
I wonder if it's cold for the poor guys.. especially since we've been having cold rainy weather lately.

Oh wow! We have had some pretty chilly weather as well. Rain, lots of rain! :lol: The rabbits and chickens don't seem thrilled about it, the ducks and geese however, love it! The run is starting to look pretty muddy as it does every winter. I don't think I'm too ready for winter quite yet! :oops: :gig It's time to break out the winter socks and coats. Lol I think a break or an end to the heat is nice though, I guess the real reason I'm not very happy for this winter is I don't want this summer to end, even though it has. :hit I don't really look forward to driving in the snow, I'll get over it though. :p I've been embracing flannel and sweater weather though, that's been pretty great. :)
Oh no! We have a few half bald chickens too, feathers everywhere! I walked out about a week ago and thought something had broke into the chicken pen and had gotten one of them because there was so many feathers, turns out they were just molting. :lau   I wonder if it's cold for the poor guys.. especially since we've been having cold rainy weather lately.

Cold?!its the middle of OCT. here and it's nice and warm!:lol: It reallly is!oh geez!

I tried weighting harriet(VERY tiny WLH)on a human sca,e and she didnt register anything. :lau

Oh wow! We have had some pretty chilly weather as well. Rain, lots of rain!
lol.png
The rabbits and chickens don't seem thrilled about it, the ducks and geese however, love it! The run is starting to look pretty muddy as it does every winter. I don't think I'm too ready for winter quite yet!
hide.gif
gig.gif
It's time to break out the winter socks and coats. Lol I think a break or an end to the heat is nice though, I guess the real reason I'm not very happy for this winter is I don't want this summer to end, even though it has.
hit.gif
I don't really look forward to driving in the snow, I'll get over it though.
tongue.png
I've been embracing flannel and sweater weather though, that's been pretty great. :)
Oh no! We have a few half bald chickens too, feathers everywhere! I walked out about a week ago and thought something had broke into the chicken pen and had gotten one of them because there was so many feathers, turns out they were just molting.
lau.gif
I wonder if it's cold for the poor guys.. especially since we've been having cold rainy weather lately.
Yea, i just got my power back but there is more of the typhoon coming
hide.gif
i worry about trees falling on the chickens and their coop. i want to buy them diapers but can't, i feel 15 bucks for a diaper is too much!!! Plus they will probably eat something on the floor of our house and get hardware disease
hmm.png
So inconvenient! i consider under 60 degrees is cold. but right now 64 is good! i like to wear t-shirt and shorts around now, no long sleeve shirts yet! but for some reason in the winter when it snows i can't seem to get enough warm clothes on!
tongue.png

You must be in a very warm place CluckCluck1215! Where I live we have two seasons, scorching heat and negatives for cold! :gig: I don't mind a mix of weather though. I do have a feeling snow is coming though. :oops:

Oh that's funny!! :lau Do you have a pic of her? Maybe you should try weighing yourself then picking her up and weighing again. Then you just subtract the first weight from the second one when you were holding her and you'll see how much she weighs. I usually do that with my light animals because they weigh next to nothing. :lau

Last edited:

Yea, i just got my power back but there is more of the typhoon coming :oops: i worry about trees falling on the chickens and their coop. i want to buy them diapers but can't, i feel 15 bucks for a diaper is too much!!! Plus they will probably eat something on the floor of our house and get hardware disease :/  So inconvenient! i consider under 60 degrees is cold. but right now 64 is good! i like to wear t-shirt and shorts around now, no long sleeve shirts yet!  but for some reason in the winter when it snows i can't seem to get enough warm clothes on! :p

Looks like you've got some of the storms that are coming around, huh? I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: . I haven't had any trouble with the storms other than just lots and lots of rain.

Wow, 15 a diaper is spendy! How many chickens do you have? I've seen people leave their chickens in the bathroom, tub, or shower and they use it as a chicken pen till the storm passes. Maybe that would work for you? :) Then they would be safe and you wouldn't have to worry about diseases. (As far as I know at least. )

Same here Fluffers!! I find I'm actually less cold running around in a t-shirt and shorts in the fall than when I'm wearing heavy coats and fuzzy pj pants. :lau When winter hits I'm like cold all the time though. :p We usually keep the house at 60°-64° but in the winter, everything feels cold!:gig I usually cuddle up with heat packs and heated blankets if I get really cold.

Last edited:
You must be in a very warm place CluckCluck1215! Where I live we have two seasons, scorching heat and negatives for cold! :gig: I don't mind a mix of weather though. I do have a feeling snow is coming though. :oops:

Oh that's funny!! :lau Do you have a pic of her? Maybe you should try weighing yourself then picking her up and weighing again. Then you just subtract the first weight from the second one when you were holding her and you'll see how much she weighs. I usually do that with my light animals because they weigh next to nothing. :lau

Maine :p LOL!
I know!harriet or brownie?i tried!it doesn't work! :gig she's as light as a feather when you pick her up!
Here's harret

(Worst photo quilaty ever! :lol:)
Here's brownie:

(She looks to funny :lau sorry for grante and the duck photo bombing!LOL)

Looks like you've got some of the storms that are coming around, huh? I'm sorry to hear that
hugs.gif
: . I haven't had any trouble with the storms other than just lots and lots of rain.

Wow, 15 a diaper is spendy! How many chickens do you have? I've seen people leave their chickens in the bathroom, tub, or shower and they use it as a chicken pen till the storm passes. Maybe that would work for you?
smile.png
Then they would be safe and you wouldn't have to worry about diseases. (As far as I know at least. )

Same here Fluffers!! I find I'm actually less cold running around in a t-shirt and shorts in the fall than when I'm wearing heavy coats and fuzzy pj pants.
lau.gif
When winter hits I'm like cold all the time though.
tongue.png
We usually keep the house at 60°-64° but in the winter, everything feels cold!
gig.gif
I usually cuddle up with heat packs and heated blankets if I get really cold.
i have 5 chickens, they would probably freak out and you would be sitting there for 1 1/2 hours listening to stressed out clucking and loud chaos!
tongue.png
this is the last day i guess i now am just lost Lol.i think they will be ok. i like to keep my window open at night and get super cold and sit in my bed with a blanket on:) then i open the door and then i'm like, "too WARM!" and i run downstairs make food and run back up. and then go do my school work :p

Maine :p LOL!
I know!harriet or brownie?i tried!it doesn't work! :gig she's as light as a feather when you pick her up!
Here's harret

(Worst photo quilaty ever! :lol:)
Here's brownie:

(She looks to funny :lau sorry for grante and the duck photo bombing!LOL)
Oh wow, you're on the other side of the US from me. :gig No wonder we have such a weather difference .

Oh no! :lau I don't know how you could weigh her then! Take her to the grocery store and secretly weigh her in the produce scale? :lau :lau :lau

They're beautiful hens!! What breed is Harriet? Is Brownie an Americana? I love the photo bombs. :p Our animals go pro when it comes to photo bombing!

Last edited:
Looks like you've got some of the storms that are coming around, huh? I'm sorry to hear that :hugs : . I haven't had any trouble with the storms other than just lots and lots of rain.

Wow, 15 a diaper is spendy! How many chickens do you have? I've seen people leave their chickens in the bathroom, tub, or shower and they use it as a chicken pen till the storm passes. Maybe that would work for you? :) Then they would be safe and you wouldn't have to worry about diseases. (As far as I know at least. )

Same here Fluffers!! I find I'm actually less cold running around in a t-shirt and shorts in the fall than when I'm wearing heavy coats and fuzzy pj pants. :lau When winter hits I'm like cold all the time though. :p We usually keep the house at 60°-64° but in the winter, everything feels cold!:gig I usually cuddle up with heat packs and heated blankets if I get really cold.

i have 5 chickens, they would probably freak out and you would be sitting there for 1 1/2 hours listening to stressed out clucking and loud chaos! :p  this is the last day i guess i now am just lost Lol.i think they will be ok. i like to keep my window open at night and get super cold and sit in my bed with a blanket on:) then i open the door and then i'm like, "too WARM!" and i run downstairs make food and run back up. and then go do my school work :p
Oh okay, well I hope they stay safe for you till the storm passes. :) We are supposed to have a storm in Oregon but it looks like the storm is everywhere but where we're at in this part of Oregon. :lau

It sounds like you're a snow bird. Lol! :) We all say the house is too cold then run around in blankets. :p
Do you enjoy the snow?

Oh okay, well I hope they stay safe for you till the storm passes.
smile.png
We are supposed to have a storm in Oregon but it looks like the storm is everywhere but where we're at in this part of Oregon.
lau.gif

It sounds like you're a snow bird. Lol!
smile.png
We all say the house is too cold then run around in blankets.
tongue.png

Do you enjoy the snow?
thanks :) i hear you had 2 rare tornadoes on the Oregon coast? Yes i enjoy the snow very much! if there is enough snow i make a side and it last for weeks! i like to make sculptures out of snow for fun, nothing fancy though. last year my niece and I made a small mammoth :D

Back
Top Bottom