PeeWee is sick! UPDATE..FINAL Necropsy Results Page 6

Thanks Dawg. He's so weak, but still hanging on. Still eating. I wasn't sure about the grit, because he'd been free ranging before his illness and I knew he was getting grit at that time. I'll be patient, and do anything I need to do to get him over this.

I'd give him a tiny shot of Tylan, to give him a chance, as it works much more quickly IM & is a good wide spectrum med! My full sized birds get about .75 cc, if he's small .5 would probably be okay. As weak as he is I'd be concerned about waiting for the oral to take effect. Inject in the side opposite the heart. You can't really hurt them, angle syringe somewhat upwards, rather than straight in. At worst you'll bump the breastbone there... but it won't hurt to try! ...its a good sign that he's still eating. Do you hear any rattling or wheezing breathing?

I've read on here that cat food is ok to give chickens. I have one can here that I bought for my neighbors cat that visits quite often. Didn't know it was my neighbors cat at the time. It is Ocean Whitefish and Tuna. I'd heard to offer cat food with beef in it. The reason I'm asking is because first thing this morning before even giving Peewee a chance to eat anything else, I gave him scrambled egg and buttermilk. He barely ate any of it. I sprinkled some feed in it, and he still hasn't eaten. I've also given him an oral dosage of Tylan. After the Tylan, he went to the corner of the tub and is just standing there. He did the same yesterday after the Tylan.

He did go to bed last night with a full crop. He's not picking up any weight at all, and now seems like the scrambled eggs just don't do it for him anymore.

I've read on here that cat food is ok to give chickens. I have one can here that I bought for my neighbors cat that visits quite often. Didn't know it was my neighbors cat at the time. It is Ocean Whitefish and Tuna. I'd heard to offer cat food with beef in it. The reason I'm asking is because first thing this morning before even giving Peewee a chance to eat anything else, I gave him scrambled egg and buttermilk. He barely ate any of it. I sprinkled some feed in it, and he still hasn't eaten. I've also given him an oral dosage of Tylan. After the Tylan, he went to the corner of the tub and is just standing there. He did the same yesterday after the Tylan.

He did go to bed last night with a full crop. He's not picking up any weight at all, and now seems like the scrambled eggs just don't do it for him anymore.
Be careful with catfood, it's high in sodium...not good for chickens. What color is his poop?

It's brownish green with white. Sometimes normal, sometimes a little watery. Sometimes looks a little "seedy" maybe?
Ok, that's in the normal range. I was thinking maybe ecoli but I dont believe it is. Continue the tylan, and the probiotics (buttermilk) are best to help rebuild his immune system.

Poo Pic. I put him in a cardboard box so I could clean out the tub he's in. He gave me a good opportunity to look at his poop. This one was a little watery.

Back
Top Bottom