PeeWee is sick! UPDATE..FINAL Necropsy Results Page 6

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Leslieb118, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Songster

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    Well, despite my best efforts and the greatest advice here on BYC, I just woke up to find Peewee had passed away sometime during the night. I'm going to see about getting that necropsy done now. Thanks everyone for your help.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    I'm sorry this happened to you, it was a valiant effort on your part. I had a bad feeling about this from the beginning honestly. I believe he was just too weak at the time to make a recovery. A necropsy would be best, please let us know the results. I wish you the best.

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Sorry for your loss. I also would recommend a necropsy.

4. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Songster

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    Thanks Dawg and CMV. He's on his way right now to UofK lab in Lexington, via UPS. Any idea how long it takes to get the results back?

I'm pretty sure I knew deep down that I was fighting a losing battle, given how weak he had gotten the last couple of days. I just couldn't give up on him though. I appreciate all of the help I got from you guys here. I'll definitely follow up when I get the results back.

5. wolfpak

wolfpak Chirping

May 9, 2010
    So sorry to hear Peewee passed.... you did everything you possibly could! But despite our best efforts... sometimes nothing changes the outcome. Once they start wasting its as if they're no longer absorbing nutrients. Have had this happen with a couple of our birds in the past, with poor recovery.

I'd think the results would take a couple of days, unless they have to culture bacteria. Purdue takes about a week for the final results to come in on cultures. Would imagine UofK would be similar timeframe.

Again, so very sorry for your loss!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sorry for your loss.

7. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Songster

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville

Thank you both.

8. cary 1973

cary 1973 Songster

So sorry for your loss reading your post you could tell you really loved him and I am sure he knew it too and you never gave up on him. My heart goes out to you and him .

9. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Songster

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    Well, I got the preliminary necropsy results just now, and as of now it's inconclusive. It didn't reveal any obvious diagnosis. Other lab work is in progress and I'm supposed to get those results in 7-10 days.

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    Corydon, Indiana
    Thanks for coming back with the results and hopefully again in a week. Most times people don't come back to update. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: