PeeWee is sick! UPDATE..FINAL Necropsy Results Page 6

Well, despite my best efforts and the greatest advice here on BYC, I just woke up to find Peewee had passed away sometime during the night. I'm going to see about getting that necropsy done now. Thanks everyone for your help.

Well, despite my best efforts and the greatest advice here on BYC, I just woke up to find Peewee had passed away sometime during the night. I'm going to see about getting that necropsy done now. Thanks everyone for your help.
I'm sorry this happened to you, it was a valiant effort on your part. I had a bad feeling about this from the beginning honestly. I believe he was just too weak at the time to make a recovery. A necropsy would be best, please let us know the results. I wish you the best.

Thanks Dawg and CMV. He's on his way right now to UofK lab in Lexington, via UPS. Any idea how long it takes to get the results back?

I'm pretty sure I knew deep down that I was fighting a losing battle, given how weak he had gotten the last couple of days. I just couldn't give up on him though. I appreciate all of the help I got from you guys here. I'll definitely follow up when I get the results back.

So sorry to hear Peewee passed.... you did everything you possibly could! But despite our best efforts... sometimes nothing changes the outcome. Once they start wasting its as if they're no longer absorbing nutrients. Have had this happen with a couple of our birds in the past, with poor recovery.

I'd think the results would take a couple of days, unless they have to culture bacteria. Purdue takes about a week for the final results to come in on cultures. Would imagine UofK would be similar timeframe.

Again, so very sorry for your loss!

Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear Peewee passed.... you did everything you possibly could! But despite our best efforts... sometimes nothing changes the outcome. Once they start wasting its as if they're no longer absorbing nutrients. Have had this happen with a couple of our birds in the past, with poor recovery.

I'd think the results would take a couple of days, unless they have to culture bacteria. Purdue takes about a week for the final results to come in on cultures. Would imagine UofK would be similar timeframe.

Again, so very sorry for your loss!

Thank you both.

Well, I got the preliminary necropsy results just now, and as of now it's inconclusive. It didn't reveal any obvious diagnosis. Other lab work is in progress and I'm supposed to get those results in 7-10 days.

Thanks for coming back with the results and hopefully again in a week. Most times people don't come back to update.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom