Peggy The Pig....My crippled duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by suseekilbanks, Jan 5, 2015.

1. suseekilbanks

suseekilbanks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2015
    hello..
    Just took Peggy to the vet yesterday for what the vet thought was conjunctivitis..The vet said respiratory is sometimes difficult to diagnosis in a duck bc their lungs are always very rapid and she would NOT need a stethoscope to diagnosis because it would very audible...so she prescribed Doxycycline in a suspension twice a day and Ciproflaxin eye solution to be put in both eyes 3 times a day..she said the doxy would knock out the respiratory IF there was one..We have a re check in 21 days...Peggy eats well and was great at the vet.....she took it all in...Everybody was curious about the crippled duck w the curled up legs and she loved the attention..First time to a Vet with a duck....so cute....
    I shot a duckumentary while I was there.. :) These Pekins are so sweet and soulful and smart.....what a learning loving experience.....
    thanks
    Susee and Peggy

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Great report! We need this kind of information to help those who cannot get to a vet, and to inform those who have less experienced vets.

Looking forward to seeing the duckumentary!

There is an indoor duck thread around here somewhere. @Amykins posts there, as do others.

3. gguineasfamily

gguineasfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia

Poor Peggy :( I definitely will be praying for her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by