Pekin and Campbell ducks hiding eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jakita13, Sep 28, 2012.

1. jakita13

jakita13 New Egg

Sep 28, 2012
    Hi, this website has been so helpful to me and I found
    It was time to join :)
    I have 3 female pekin and one Campbell who free range on about an acre. Problem is I cannot find there eggs anywhere. They have 8 nests to choose from and one laid 3 eggs in my goose nest that were kicked out and since then nothing!!! Can someone please give me hint on where they like to hide them. They are between 1 and 2 years of age. Thanks in advance.
    Also, my male has been mating with them all but he seems to have a favourite that he will not leave alone. She seems really tired and over it and hiding away from the flock, is this normal?

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    You can build a small yard for them around their house to turn them out into in the mornings. They tend to lay around here in the mornings and then go on their way. Once they have laid you can open the gate to their yard letting them out to free range. They like safe, secure places to lay eggs, and if the nest gets disturbed they often move to a new spot. A golfball or two in the spot you want them to use is sometimes helpful.

3. Blondiega1

Blondiega1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    Yes. I have a hen that will periodically remove herself from the flock when she's had quite enough.
    This. ^^

4. jakita13

jakita13 New Egg

Sep 28, 2012
    Thanks so much!!! I put some chook eggs the nests and I have got 8 duck eggs in 3 days :) so happy!!
    Thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by