Pekin bantam thread!

Thanks guys! Shes in full swing, 5 eggs off her in 6 days! Shes blooming noisy when she's laid too haha! Penny's hatch is going well! She jumoed off for some food this morning and one egg is starting to pip! So everything tighty crossed!

Oscarsgravett how funny we've used the same names! X

. That's great news !!! Hope everything goes well with the hatching :) and its such a weird coincidence haha

Oooh, loobyloo88 a pip .. very exciting!

Fingers crossed that all goes well for you
fl.gif

My Silkie, Tina, who was hatched here is also broody for the first time. She is sitting on two 'dud' eggs while we wait for the fertile eggs I ordered to arrive. She is doing well for her first time, seems very dedicated so far. I have ordered some Silkie and Bantam Beligan from a Frizzle rooster; I would love another Frizzle Pullet!

Please share some pictures of your new bubs
pop.gif

Woohoo two chicks are out! A Sablepoot and an orpington bantam, two left and doing well, one pipping throuhh the shell and the last although there is no visable pipping I can hear it cheeping in the shell so think the air sack has been pipped into. I haven't been able to take a picture yet as my Penny is being a super mum and I can't get near her! (It was my grandad who managed to pull the last egg out for me to hear the cheeping but I didnt have my camera with me whilst we were looking! Doh! Were going out to pick up two more chicks (including a lavender pekin) to give her tonight, so will hopefully get some picture later!

Hi all (and Peach/Rosie too), I think that Pekins and Cochins are seperate (though similar breeds)... I think Pekins are a 'true' bantam in that there is no 'larger' version of them; whereas, the Cochins, I think, have a large and a bantam version (to which our Pekins are very similar)....

100% hatch rate! Well done Penny! Here she is with the lavender pekins and the orpington.

Last edited:
Sob! My pekin Penny is nit being an ideal mum! Shehas turned against any light coloured chicks so I have had to remove 5 chicks and unfortunately one didnt make it after being picked on by her. She has two black chicks left in with her who she seems to like, but I wont be letting her hatch again :0(

Back
Top Bottom