Pekin bantam thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Oscarsgravett, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    . That's great news !!! Hope everything goes well with the hatching :) and its such a weird coincidence haha

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Oooh, loobyloo88 a pip .. very exciting!

Fingers crossed that all goes well for you [​IMG]

My Silkie, Tina, who was hatched here is also broody for the first time. She is sitting on two 'dud' eggs while we wait for the fertile eggs I ordered to arrive. She is doing well for her first time, seems very dedicated so far. I have ordered some Silkie and Bantam Beligan from a Frizzle rooster; I would love another Frizzle Pullet!

Please share some pictures of your new bubs [​IMG]

3. loobyloo88

loobyloo88 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2014
    UK
    Woohoo two chicks are out! A Sablepoot and an orpington bantam, two left and doing well, one pipping throuhh the shell and the last although there is no visable pipping I can hear it cheeping in the shell so think the air sack has been pipped into. I haven't been able to take a picture yet as my Penny is being a super mum and I can't get near her! (It was my grandad who managed to pull the last egg out for me to hear the cheeping but I didnt have my camera with me whilst we were looking! Doh! Were going out to pick up two more chicks (including a lavender pekin) to give her tonight, so will hopefully get some picture later!

4. Teila

Congratulations loobyloo88 ... wonderful news! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Zimbabwefarmer

Zimbabwefarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2014
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Hi all (and Peach/Rosie too), I think that Pekins and Cochins are seperate (though similar breeds)... I think Pekins are a 'true' bantam in that there is no 'larger' version of them; whereas, the Cochins, I think, have a large and a bantam version (to which our Pekins are very similar)....

6. loobyloo88

Jun 25, 2014
    UK
    100% hatch rate! Well done Penny! Here she is with the lavender pekins and the orpington.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. Teila

loobyloo88

[​IMG] they are adorable !

8. loobyloo88

Jun 25, 2014
    UK
    Sob! My pekin Penny is nit being an ideal mum! Shehas turned against any light coloured chicks so I have had to remove 5 chicks and unfortunately one didnt make it after being picked on by her. She has two black chicks left in with her who she seems to like, but I wont be letting her hatch again :0(

9. Zimbabwefarmer

Zimbabwefarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2014
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Silly girl - so sorry to hear that looby...

10. Teila

[​IMG] Loobyloo88 I am also sorry to hear that sad news.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by