Pekin bantam thread!

My lavender pekins are doing well in the brooder box. Heres one this mornig having cuddles on my daughters lap! She picked this one and has named it Twinkle! The second one is called Luna! Cant believe they are a week old already! Penny has continued to be a good mother for the two chicks she took too. Very defensive of them. I'm hoping that once shes finished being a mum she goes back to the friendly chicken she was before she went broody.

We had a great day in the garden yesterday, lots of fun in the sun. Just sharing a couple of pics ....

I love this one of LuLu (Frizzle Pekin Bantam) .. talk about randomly sticking a chicken head on a pile of feathers! lol:

After lots of posy head shots, a fun shot of Pekin-butts trying to bury the paved path:

OK, while not a Pekin Bantam I had to share this one of my Bantam Langshan, Dusty who was in Miss-Photogenic mode yesterday:

Thanks for looking! :)

Just got these pekins today at a local auction. 8 all together - 3 lavender, 2 cuckoo and 3 chocolate. These are our first pekins and hopefully we'll have some chicks next year :)

lovely! Deffo have some chicks with that lavender cockerell there! Can't wait for my lavender chicks to get bigger :0) I'm speculating whether they are girls or boys already! They're only 3 weeks old! X

Im pretty certain I've got on cockerel from my two lavender chicks....they are 2.5 weeks old now and one has definitely got a larger comb than the other....any one else have an opinion?!

chick one...

Chick two...

Back
Top Bottom