Pekin Drake Limping

That's great. Just limit his free-ranging so he doesn't overdo it. And keep up with the complex.
Sprain -pulled muscles any type of injury where you are using it a lot takes quite a while to heal. So don't give up on Jake he'll get there eventually. Can he have water therapy or is it too cold where you are? or maybe tub therapy? That is really good for them because it takes the pressure off the legs but gives them a chance to use the muscles without further injury.

Hello, i have a nine mos. old pekin drake who is limping. i have not seen anything wrong with his foot, as i wondered if he had bumblefoot. i don't know what to do. he tries to keep with the other ducks, for he believes he is the bigshot dominant male. i feel really bad for him. thanks.
I had this a few times with my Pekin girl. She limped for several days and I never knew why. But I think she had tripped and sprained it. I tried to hold her and let her rest it and she was perfectly fine after a bit.
Hello, i have a nine mos. old pekin drake who is limping. i have not seen anything wrong with his foot, as i wondered if he had bumblefoot. i don't know what to do. he tries to keep with the other ducks, for he believes he is the bigshot dominant male. i feel really bad for him. thanks.

i have a 50 gal stock tank for spring and summer then when it starts getting cold I switch it out for a kiddy pool because they are easier to empty. Once it starts staying below freezing during the daytime mine get a cement mixing tub to bath in on days it gets above freezing. The rest of the time they have to use their buckets to splash in to bathe in. Once the pool freezes solid they will crack so I don't keep one open for them over the worst of winter.

Back
Top Bottom