Pekin drakes

Cherice

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2021
Hi I am wondering if somebody could trade me one of your pekin duck hens for one of my drakes i have a total of three drakes right now and am skared for my runner hen i am hearing that when they are around 4 monthes they start getting really active right now they are gong to be three monthes on june 23rd my sister and i hatched them from eggs so this is really hard but I want the best for them all the way around

A small framed Runner female even with one Pekin drake is going to take a beating, you need at least 3 females to each drake.
There is a forum on here called Where am i where are you, go there and look up you state and start a thread about this. Maybe someone will be aqble to help you out.

A small framed Runner female even with one Pekin drake is going to take a beating, you need at least 3 females to each drake.
There is a forum on here called Where am i where are you, go there and look up you state and start a thread about this. Maybe someone will be aqble to help you out.
Even if the drakes have their own a parner

You may have better luck (and safer for her) if you rehome the hen. You can keep a flock of all drakes. If you are hoping to breed it would be better to pair similar sized ducks. More than one hen per drake is also a good idea especially if they are shut in, even if it is just for the night.

Domestic ducks do not choose one partner. Even wild ducks don't. They will grab hold and with her being so much smaller she will show abuse pretty quick I'd say.
All drakes is a good idea. What state are you in please?
Im in Washington im trying to find somebody to trade me 1 or 2 girls for my drakes

Hi I am wondering if somebody could trade me one of your pekin duck hens for one of my drakes i have a total of three drakes right now and am skared for my runner hen i am hearing that when they are around 4 monthes they start getting really active right now they are gong to be three monthes on june 23rd my sister and i hatched them from eggs so this is really hard but I want the best for them all the way around
Im in skagit 10 dollers reduced price each

Back
Top Bottom