Pekin Duck Club!

I've been told by some people that duck eggs taste the same as hens, now I've been told it didn't taste good. What's the sense?
hmm.png

It is a rubber coated wire and it hasn't seemed to bother her but if I go to the local pet store , is there something I can get till I find a feed store or place to get hay ??
Thanks for the help!
Hmm I'm not sure.... I would get some hay, or even some leaves from the yard would work. Hope I helped :)

Hope someone can help me with this...I believe I have 2 males, about 9 weeks old. One is nice and plump, like you would picture a healthy duck to be. The other is so scrawny I can feel his breastbone. He eats and drinks, but I do notice he will sometimes sit there and bob his head and kind of "whine" with his eyes half closed. I'm thinking it is a nutrient deficiency but not sure. Please help

Hope someone can help me with this...I believe I have 2 males, about 9 weeks old. One is nice and plump, like you would picture a healthy duck to be. The other is so scrawny I can feel his breastbone. He eats and drinks, but I do notice he will sometimes sit there and bob his head and kind of "whine" with his eyes half closed. I'm thinking it is a nutrient deficiency but not sure. Please help

Hmmmm... it's hard to say - I hope it's just a nutrient deficiency and not something internal... do you have them on niacin? You could also give the little one some poly-vi-sol (without iron) - it's a liquid infant vitamin that also works great for chickens and ducks. Maybe up the protein content too - some raw meat cut into small pieces (liver would be good) or some mealworms.

My three chicks and one pekin duckling are about 3 weeks old now and have gone through a 10lb bag of starter feed. It appears that most of it ends up on the ground. Any ideas of how to keep the waste down or is this just normal and I just need to get used to it. I think tie pekin is the culprit. Messy duck.

My three chicks and one pekin duckling are about 3 weeks old now and have gone through a 10lb bag of starter feed. It appears that most of it ends up on the ground. Any ideas of how to keep the waste down or is this just normal and I just need to get used to it. I think tie pekin is the culprit. Messy duck.

Wet it down into an oatmeal consistency (or do fermented feed) - they will all like it that way and it will help with them not spilling the dry all over. You can just use a glass casserole bowl or something like that. Also, Pekins eat a LOT - way more than chickens, so they will go through food quite quickly. Once she's old enough to eat lots of other things, you can let her free-range on bugs, grass, etc. or give them all kinds of greens with their regular food - like kale, romaine, frozen/thawed peas, etc.

Wet it down into an oatmeal consistency (or do fermented feed) - they will all like it that way and it will help with them not spilling the dry all over. You can just use a glass casserole bowl or something like that. Also, Pekins eat a LOT - way more than chickens, so they will go through food quite quickly. Once she's old enough to eat lots of other things, you can let her free-range on bugs, grass, etc. or give them all kinds of greens with their regular food - like kale, romaine, frozen/thawed peas, etc.

Thanks I have noticed that the duck eats a lot more. I was gonna build a gravity feeder this weekend but I guess that won't work with wet food.

Back
Top Bottom