Pekin Duck Club!

This is Dopey and Quakers!

Quote:
Ummm... I'm not really sure... my broody hen is Welsh Harlequin, she is for sure the mother to 5 of them, the father is either pekin or mallard, they have the black heads, yellow chests and yellow wings. 3 are either full mallard or WHxmallard, i'm not really sure how to tell the difference!! My husband doesn't understand how we had to (mostly) white ducks and all the babies are black not yellow fluff balls!!! lol I would love to hear some ideas on what they could be though!

Quote:
Ummm... I'm not really sure... my broody hen is Welsh Harlequin, she is for sure the mother to 5 of them, the father is either pekin or mallard, they have the black heads, yellow chests and yellow wings. 3 are either full mallard or WHxmallard, i'm not really sure how to tell the difference!! My husband doesn't understand how we had to (mostly) white ducks and all the babies are black not yellow fluff balls!!! lol I would love to hear some ideas on what they could be though!
They look a lot like my Pekin Swede crosses. Do you have any Pekin hens?
Lol. When I set my first batches I had 8 Pekins (two drakes six hens) a black Swede drake and a blue Swede pair, I got one Pekin out of over 30 eggs, they were all Mallard or Swede crosses. Then I sold the black Swede and every batch since then has been pure Pekin. :confused: Still scratching my head.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom