Pekin Duck Club!

Just got 3 new ducklings last Friday during a snowstorm here in NH. Here are some pictures of our Pekin named Blizzard. We had already chosen the name before we knew the forecast!

Just got 3 new ducklings last Friday during a snowstorm here in NH. Here are some pictures of our Pekin named Blizzard. We had already chosen the name before we knew the forecast!

Blizzard is adorable and so are the 2 buddy ducklings with. Welcome to BYC @NHDuckMom

some good reading https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

and may i ask what that is they are standing on? always neat to see what folks are using to contain water.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. They are standing on a Klean Paws Indoor Potty Puppy Training tray that I got from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TTD93LQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It has been working out great. It catches all of the drips and poop around the food. You can lift up the top grid and clean underneath or keep a puppy pad there to catch things. I am also using the Brinsea Ecoglow brooder which works well for the Pekin and Black Swedish, but it was not quite warm enough for the Cayuga because she was smaller. I ended up adding a 100 watt light bulb also to keep her warm since she was looking very stressed the first day. Fortunately she pulled though and they are all perky, running around and growing like crazy now!

Thanks for the welcome.     They are standing on a Klean Paws Indoor Potty Puppy Training tray that I got from Amazon.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TTD93LQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1     It has been working out great.     It catches all of the drips and poop around the food.     You can lift up the top grid and clean underneath or keep a puppy pad there to catch things.      I am also using the Brinsea Ecoglow brooder which works well for the Pekin and Black Swedish, but it was not quite warm enough for the Cayuga because she was smaller.    I ended up adding a 100 watt light bulb also to keep her warm since she was looking very stressed the first day.   Fortunately she pulled though and they are all perky, running around and growing like crazy now!
That's awesome!

Thanks for the welcome. That is the Klean Paws Indoor dog potty. It works great at catching all of the mess. You can lift up the top tray to clean underneath. I am also using the Ecoglow 20 brooder which was nice for the Pekin and Black Swedish, but not quite warm enough for the little Cayuga. I had the brooder on the middle setting for the Pekin, but the little Cayuga was not getting enough heat. She was very stressed the next day, so we added a 100 watt bulb also. Now they are all happy, running around and growing like crazy! Their brooder is in our sunroom, and they love all of the sunshine after the storm this weekend. I am new to raising ducks, so just learning as I go along.

Thanks for the welcome. That is the Klean Paws Indoor dog potty. It works great at catching all of the mess. You can lift up the top tray to clean underneath. I am also using the Ecoglow 20 brooder which was nice for the Pekin and Black Swedish, but not quite warm enough for the little Cayuga. I had the brooder on the middle setting for the Pekin, but the little Cayuga was not getting enough heat. She was very stressed the next day, so we added a 100 watt bulb also. Now they are all happy, running around and growing like crazy! Their brooder is in our sunroom, and they love all of the sunshine after the storm this weekend. I am new to raising ducks, so just learning as I go along.
Thank you so much for that info and link , such a great idea.

Glad to hear they are all doing great.

smile.png
She does, she does not play around, I have bruises to prove it.

Good mama!

Back
Top Bottom