Pekin Duck Club!

They grow up so fast!

Hi everyone. Ive got something here that I'm not sure of, my hen L. D. started laying these weird eggs. Amd im not sure if I should be worried or what I should do about them

She started laying them like this 2 days ago today'segg was no different, it looks like access calcium build-up or something. Please let me know what yall think.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Ive got something here that I'm not sure of, my hen L. D. started laying these weird eggs. Amd im not sure if I should be worried or what I should do about them

She started laying them like this 2 days ago today'segg was no different, it looks like access calcium build-up or something. Please let me know what yall think.

Thanks
Here is info on egg quality and why https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/common-egg-quality-problems

Welcome to BYC @RileyandLD

No raw or red skin showing. I think she is also molting. My yard looks like a duck exploded!!! LOL
So far we only get it in the fall the duck exploded with our Muscovy's but I guess this year we'll have it spring and fall since we now have Runners and Buffs. My geese molt in June. Wow will we have the feathers 3X a year.
hide.gif

Plz help!
I went down to the coop today to let my gang of 6 pekins and 2 mallards out. Well I was sitting with them out in the outside part of the coop and some of them had a whizzy breathing to them (like when u get stuffed up from allergies) they have heat lamp in coop. Do they just have water in nose or a cold starting?

Back
Top Bottom