Pekin Duck Club!

Just an FYI, I bought brewers yeast (B3 niacin) from our local feed store, it is marketed for horses so comes in a huge tub for around $12. It has a measuring spoon in it so I add it to their feed.

The brand was Saratoga Vetinary Products 100% natural.

Nutritional analysis for 14grams gives 5.00mg Niacin. I added one scoop which is 14mg to my ducks dry feed each day.

First time duck owner here, I have 7 laying hens. 3 Pekins 7 wks. old. Man do they grow up fast! They were bought as straight run so I don't know what I have yet. I am hoping for at least a pair so I can get a few eggs. They are having a little trouble with ramp up to pool but 2 of them have it figured out now. They are hilarious to watch their antics.
I also have 2 White Chinese Geese, straight run, 3 weeks. old.
will try to post some photos.
I enjoy the forum.

First time duck owner here, I have 7 laying hens. 3 Pekins 7 wks. old. Man do they grow up fast! They were bought as straight run so I don't know what I have yet. I am hoping for at least a pair so I can get a few eggs. They are having a little trouble with ramp up to pool but 2 of them have it figured out now. They are hilarious to watch their antics.
I also have 2 White Chinese Geese, straight run, 3 weeks. old.
will try to post some photos.
I enjoy the forum.
@RASS welcome to water fowl world.. Look forward to pics!!

@GooseFanatic
how old are you ducklings assuming  ducklings since you say you have heat lamp? do you have good ventilation in your coop

Hello
They are are few months old already have adult feathers coming in. I close the coop windows and night as we have many predators but I wake up normally 7:00am and open the coop up so they can go in and out and open the windows of it. My coop is split into two sides right now as I have a few week old gosling, ducking and two chicks in side with heat lamp it still gets warm on both sides.

I'd like to be added please. I just got 4 pekins on Friday.
Here's a pic.

4 ducklings for my 4 kids. My children named them:
Blueberry
Rubber duckie
Jake
Poppy

Hello
They are are few months old already have adult feathers coming in. I close the coop windows and night as we have many predators but I wake up normally 7:00am and open the coop up so they can go in and out and open the windows of it. My coop is split into two sides right now as I have a few week old gosling, ducking and two chicks in side with heat lamp it still gets warm on both sides.

Your older ducklings don't need heat anymore. Make sure they are not getting to hot in there

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom