Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Not so much treats for little ducklings but as they get bigger they can get feeder fish, mealworms, peas, watermelon, and other fruits and veggies. There is a sticky in this forum dedicated to duck treats but the ones I listed are ones Soleil loves :)

2 people like this.
  2. duckins

duckins Songster

Dec 29, 2012
    Gladys, Va
    It's funny you mention that we can tell they look yellowish to ecspeacially in the snow but all my pics they look Snow White and yes they get along it strange but they will not let any of the hens in their club lol they are kings of the yard hiss bite attack our dogs and cat. They don't care for their hen friends and get jealous if I show them attention they'll run to that particular duck and chase her away. We got 2 black swed 2 buffs 4 crested 4 runners hens I just ordered 2 blue sweds and 3 more runners hens to complete flock we have them as pets and for eggs not in to the breeding though we think ducks are just awesome.

1 person likes this.
  3. duckins

duckins Songster

Dec 29, 2012
    Gladys, Va
    Btw do u know where you can get outfits for them was thinking of this for our Easter family get together there's a cool video on utube titled ducks in dresses its a parade if u haven't seen it check it out they are adorable.

4. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Hah I love those videos! I've seen the fashion show videos! I wish I knew where to get dresses, I've been working on a pattern to make Soleil some simple pillowcase style dresses but wings are ackward! Feathered Fashions makes harnesses with ties and accessories, which is where I order Soleil's outfits from.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Soleil modeling some of her Feathered Fashion outfits

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  5. bluemountaingal

bluemountaingal Hatching

Feb 4, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Your ducks are so cute! I love having pekins. They are so sweet and silly! Here are my drakes Percy (formerly Pricillia until he turned out to be a boy) and Piper. They are tons of fun and so relaxing to watch. They do look buttery yellow in the snow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sobaje

sobaje Hatching

Jan 30, 2013
    hi? i want to keep ducks and i don't know the best breed to keep in Kenya.

7. duckins

duckins Songster

Dec 29, 2012
    Gladys, Va
    What are your temps like

8. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I think Pekin ducks are in Kenya. They seem to be everywhere :)

9. animalz11

animalz11 Chirping

Jul 20, 2012
    QLD Australia
    Carrot peeling, he mainly liked this when he was younger though, also watermelon, cucumber and cheese! Lots of cheese!

gilbert2 likes this.
  10. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I haven't tried carrot, cucumber or cheese with her but she loves watermelon. Have your tried tomatoes with them yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: