Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Apyl

Apyl Songster

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Po's most favorite treat is peas. She also likes minnows, watermelon, bananas, spaghetti, left overs, ect.

1 person likes this.
  2. Blondiega1

Blondiega1 Songster

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    I have 8 pekins.

Here's the first 6:
    Drakes: Tweety, Taz, Jmatt, and Ming Ming
    Hens: Largo and Montego

[​IMG]

And then the two recent additions:
    Hens: Ginger and MaryAnn

[​IMG]

So yes....I have 4 boys and 4 girls.
    We have a 5 acre lake so plenty of room and everyone seems to be doing fine.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Welome and thanks for joining us! Po is so beautiful! She looks like a fun girl :)
    Look at all those cuties! What lucky ducks to have that lake to play in!

I let Soleil try spaghetti the other day and she loved it! What kind of left overs do you give them? Just wondering what else I'm wasting that I could be giving to Soleil

4. Apyl

Apyl Songster

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    I give my flock ALL the kitchen left overs except raw potato peels, raw onion, and avacado skins and seeds. Everything else I cook , veggie scrap, ect they get.

5. Carebearsmiles

Carebearsmiles Chirping

Sep 15, 2012
    Tahlequah
    They're adorable!
    I do plan on eating her eggs. And I'll probably make anything and everything with them. She is my only duck, but I have a chicken that is her BEST friend. My avatar is my duck and chick when I first got them. I plan on for sure getting 2-3 more chickens and possibly another duck.

6. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    That's good to know! I'm going to have to try Soleil with more foods. I've only encountered a few things she doesn't like... Apples (even applesauce) is a no for her hah. Thanks for sharing :)

Have you tried duck eggs before? My favorite is soft-boiled and quiche! They make a beautiful quiche :) I only have one duck too, but I have a big family that has been happy having her around. You should let us know when you start baking, maybe share a recipe or two for all these big beautiful egg!

7. Apyl

Apyl Songster

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Go another pekin egg this morning :) I've got 4 so far and plan to set them in the incubator Saturday .

8. jessicam320

jessicam320 In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Nice thread :).. I ended up loveing my pekins! They were suppose to be for the freezer but there eggs were so awsome and there personality super funny. So now I got two pekin females and a cayuga Drake( who loves them and watches them very closely.[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

9. jessicam320

Mar 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. jessicam320

Mar 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: