Pekin Duck Club!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Yesterday and last night my Felix was fine I go outside this morning to say good morning and feed an water them and he's not moving. He's just laying there. He breathing but he won't drink or eat or anything. ::( I don't know what to do.

Bring Felix in to a safe warm place. Is Felix male or female? How old? Others in the flock? Anything in the throat? Legs or bill very warm? Odd odors? What is their shelter like? Any injuries under the wings or bill?

Bring Felix in to a safe warm place. Is Felix male or female? How old? Others in the flock? Anything in the throat? Legs or bill very warm? Odd odors? What is their shelter like? Any injuries under the wings or bill?
Felix is a male. Approx 8 months old (we saved him and Lucie from some people who were feeding them cereal all day not cleaning their pen back in March) no injuries to his bill or wings although his bill feels cool along with his feet. Lucie is throwing up dog food. I don't know where they would have gotten dog food from though. :( omg I don't want him to die.

Felix is a male. Approx 8 months old (we saved him and Lucie from some people who were feeding them cereal all day not cleaning their pen back in March) no injuries to his bill or wings although his bill feels cool along with his feet. Lucie is throwing up dog food. I don't know where they would have gotten dog food from though. :( omg I don't want him to die.
He's trying to throw up. I think e has dog food stuck in his throat. He can't eat or drink anything :(

hugs.gif

Oh, awful.

Make sure Lucie is okay for now. I would restrict her movement till I found the source of the dog food.

Give her plenty of fresh water, then in a little while, some of her regular food, perhaps moistened. If it was big chunks of dry dog food, her throat may be scratched up.

There is a rehoming forum here on BYC, and there are animal rescue organizations looking for loving homes for ducks. It takes a little time to integrate new flock members, but it is done successfully all the time.

You might consider getting a nonbreakable mirror for her until you find a friend or friends.

Th
:hugs

Oh, awful.

Make sure Lucie is okay for now.  I would restrict her movement till I found the source of the dog food.

Give her plenty of fresh water, then in a little while, some of her regular food, perhaps moistened.  If it was big chunks of dry dog food, her throat may be scratched up.

There is a rehoming forum here on BYC, and there are animal rescue organizations looking for loving homes for ducks.  It takes a little time to integrate new flock members, but it is done successfully all the time.

You might consider getting a nonbreakable mirror for her until you find a friend or friends.  
thank you. I am so heartbroken. I have a no breakable mirror from when my kids were younger. And thanks for the info on the places to help find her someone or somewhere for her to go. It was very large food. :( my poor Felix. I was too late this morning. I feel so bad.

Back
Top Bottom