Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    They sure are a lot of fun! At what age do you plan to put them in together? I just got some Khaki Campbells and I'm not sure at what age I should put them in with the other ducks.

2. wildsam

wildsam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Radisson, NW Wisconsin
    You can slowly get them used to each other by putting them in one coop with a divider so that they can see and get to know each other. After a few weeks it should be oki to let them altogether in one coop. If that's what Ur planning on doing.

1 person likes this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

glad to hear it. sounds like she may have caught her foot on something?

4. latb611

latb611 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Here are my 6 week old babies, Nana and Duckie Mo Mo. I am really starting to think that Duckie Mo Mo is a boy. He is still very quiet while Nana is very vocal and if you look in the pic the one up front is him and I think I see the beginnings of a drake feather.

5. Miss Lydia

Nana and Duckie MoMo are adorable.

6. jaimitastic

jaimitastic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

Here are my ducklings @ 3 weeks old! I'm truly amazed at how fast they grow. Yesterday they only had pin feathers (growing adult feathers are called this right?) on their wings and now they have some on their necks/backs. They are quickly outgrowing their brooder so I'm trying to find another place for them until they can go outside.

I'm also having so much trouble finding niacin. I'm just going to make the trek to an organic store tonight (45 mins away) to get Brewers Yeast. None of our grocery chains sell that either.

We still haven't officially named them but my daughter calls them "Purple beak" and "Orange beak" She loves those ducks!

7. Miss Lydia

Their adorable.

8. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    Cute! I was shocked at how fast ducklings grow.
    I see the beginning of a drake feather also. They are both beautiful.

9. nurseallison

nurseallison New Egg

Mar 26, 2014
    Bethlehem, Pa.
    [​IMG]

Daisy and Beezus 3 weeks old. I would love to give them a bath. The are so filthy. I dont want to risk them getting chilled though! Wondering if it would be ok to wipe them with a warm cloth?

10. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    They can tubby, just not to long and ensure they are well dried afterwards.... i had mine swimming before that... key's are drying them off well and then i'd flick the heat lamp on for extra warmness. so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by