Pekin Duck Club!

The females are the loud ones with Pekins.

Thanks at least I now know I have one female..
big_smile.png

So I have a question...my pekin only whistles really loudly. It is the noisiest duck I have. How will I know for sure if it's a male or female? They'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday. This is Aflac...my kid named it.

can anyone help me out? i have 3 pekin duck eggs in an incubator (hova-bator model 2362n) they have been incubating for 29 days now and still no pip, they may be starting to internally pip( i see them stretch the membrane on the air cell when candled) and I'm starting to get worried

If they are still in the bator, did you turn the humidity up when you locked down? Stopped turning eggs at day 25?
Sometimes they can just be a bit late in piping and hatching. Did you candle them and see a beak in the air sac at all? Any movement at all? And in the end it's all a big patient waiting game...

One of my 4 month Peking has like a yellow coloring around his eyes? Any ideas? I am a new duck Mom. He doesn't act funny just seems wierd to see.

Any ideas or advise??

Thanks, Stacey

Ya we did the same and my male duck did the funniest thing ever ok so my little brother is scared of them so he was sitting on the ground with some watermelon they came up to see what he had and he jumped up and the piece was 4 to 6 inches long anyway the biggest male grabbed it and shoved it down his throat and we thought we would choke but his throat expanded and u cpuld see it go down to his crop lol we laughed the entire time

Back
Top Bottom