Pekin Duck Club!

One of my ducks piped the wrong end on Tuesday, he came out today but his legs are bent over to the side a little and he is not walking on his feet at all, they are kinds tucked under. How can I help it?

Stake feather, huh?!? Lol.

Piped is when the beak breaks through. Internal piped is the air sac membrane, and external is when the shell gets cracked the first time. At least that's what I got told ;)

I have a question i hatched my ducks and u know how a disease went through and got 4 out of 6 of my hatched ducks well i got a boy and girl and the girl is 2 weeks older and the boy is 3 months old and the girl is almost 6 lbs and e boy is only about 1 lbs it is the size of a 2 weeks old it is fully feathered but my goose was protecting some chickens and at night de feathered his back but its growing back but it is sooo tiny and then we are fixing under a house so we have a road down and its about a 10 foot drop and the boy is my moms pet and we were sitting there next to it and feeding the duck Bread and the chickens came over and chased it and he fell 8 feet and landed on his back my mom started to cry cause tp she thought it was dead and she told my dad to look and he looked and he thought it was twitching so he goes down flips it over it jumps up and finishes his bread and walks up and goes and gets a bath but what do u think is wrong with it and why its sooo tiny ill get some pics today

Here are some pics of it

I just got 2 pekin rouen crosses they are about a week old now, one looks full pekin one looks full rouen haha willow, my pekin, is a sweetheart Hopeing its a girl, anyone want to tell me about thier temperment, loudness, egg laying and anything else i should know? I am new to keeping ducks haha once I figure out how to post pics I will:)

They are very nice quiet and very good laying breed of ducks. They grow extremely fast, and love water but don't let them in unless ur there until there bigger bc they can drown. Don't put water in there pen at nigth unless u wanna clean there pen once a day. They live up to 20 years and are a meat bird, they have one of the best meat for ducks. That probably sums it up for beginners other than they do lay fewer eggs as they age so once there about 5 years i would plan on getting ready for new females.

Back
Top Bottom