Pekin Duck Club!

Good Morning,
My girls are almost a year old now. In the last week I have noticed that their wing tips are becoming spiny. (I will try to get a pic up). Is this normal or is there something I should be looking for/concerned about? Thank your for any help.

Here is a pic

Oh they are soooo adorable!!! I so hoped I could of raised my 3 from ducklings but that just isn't the way the cookie crumbled for me. Little boogers when I let them out this morning I found a couple worms (we had early storms) and when I walked to them to try to give them to them they just ran :( Of course that could have something to do with the fact that my youngest daughter and dear husband has been chasing them to pet them. I'm hoping in the spring I can get 1-2 ducklings from them that I can raise so maybe they will be friendly towards me.

10308185_10202386493006700_192139211322274853_n.jpg

This is our Nellie Girl. She seems so big to me! We love her and she inspired us to get 4 more duckings! They arrived today!

Question we live in Texas so it is pretty hot during the day but not so much so at night. We have also been getting rain more lately. But anyways should I put a heat lamp above my female's nest not close but just to give it light and maybe keep it a little warmer. If so just at night or 24/7

Question we live in Texas so it is pretty hot during the day but not so much so at night. We have also been getting rain more lately. But anyways should I put a heat lamp above my females nest not close but just to give it light and maybe keep it a little warmer. If so just at night or 24/7
Also do all of you Peking owners incubate or is there anyone who has had success with the female doing the job? I know its pretty rare but just wanted to see if anyone had. If so do you have any tips or advice?

Back
Top Bottom