Pekin Duck Club!

My two Pekins hatched out at the beginning of the week! I call the one below "Number One" - needs a name - hatched on Monday, March 23, 2015 and this one is just "baby" for now! - hatched on March 24, 2015 I'm open to baby names! :idunno But nonetheless, YAY for my babies! :ya And YAY for your babies, too! :ya
seriously, not to be sappy but the cuteness of the little yellow fuzzerz is making me tear up. Darling miracles.

Pekins and scovies taking a break from wallowing in the mud that is appearing with the thaw.... Collecting pekin eggs (always a challenge because they lay everywhere) to incubate soon. First run will be all moulards since no one is separated yet and the scovy drake is dominant...

seriously, not to be sappy but the cuteness of the little yellow fuzzerz is making me tear up. Darling miracles.

I completely understand! They are little miracles - makes you go "how the hell did it fit in that egg?" lol
"Baby" had a difficult hatch...just wasn't going well and I had to intervene - I'm convinced it wouldn't have made it without help, but Baby is running on 8 cylinders now!
Crazy little thing!
yesss.gif

"Number One" started out ready to take on the world and hasn't stopped!
ep.gif

Pekins and scovies taking a break from wallowing in the mud that is appearing with the thaw.... Collecting pekin eggs (always a challenge because they lay everywhere) to incubate soon. First run will be all moulards since no one is separated yet and the scovy drake is dominant...
Pekins love mud. My buddy's girl stomps in it all the time. What are moullards?

Pekins love mud. My buddy's girl stomps in it all the time. What are moullards?

Moulards are sterile hybrids resulting from a Muscovy drake over a Pekin hen (Pekin drake over Muscovy hen is considered a mule duck) Moulards are prized in French cooking because they boast a much finer flavor and less grease than traditional meat ducks.

Moulards are sterile hybrids resulting from a Muscovy drake over a Pekin hen (Pekin drake over Muscovy hen is considered a mule duck) Moulards are prized in French cooking because they boast a much finer flavor and less grease than traditional meat ducks.
fascinating. Thanks for the explanation. But can they be good pets?

I completely understand!  They are little miracles - makes you go "how the hell did it fit in that egg?" lol 
"Baby" had a difficult hatch...just wasn't going well and I had to intervene - I'm convinced it wouldn't have made it without help, but Baby is running on 8 cylinders now!  
Crazy little thing!  :yesss:  

"Number One" started out ready to take on the world and hasn't stopped! :eek:  
I am glad baby you helped out is now a rambunctious web footed little youth.

Back
Top Bottom