DebMasters03

Crystinek- Peck

Peaducken

Younger- Miss Daisy & Fat Albert/Alberta

justducky1

theprussia4- Donald and Daisy

carmengirl

bpendleton77- Wheezy and Waddles

AmberRex- Harvey, Ellen, Bubbles, Pebbles, Bath, Waddle, Splash and the Loudly 9 Ducklings

waynec1955

starlingsbaby- Romeo & Juliet

littlechick8- Rador & Tailfeathers

bindy003- Daisy, Daphinie and Donald

I gotDucks

mandycarlo- Roadrunner, Speedy, Daffy and Lucky

zzack354- Truffles, Skittles, Twix, Godiva, Praline and Bubbles

Mommysongbird- Ping & Pong and Ying & Yang

Nickeechickee- Aflac

misschickenlittle

Last edited:
Hi! I want to join too!! We bought 3 pekin's April 4 at an animal sawp that were a week to day old. Pretty sure all 3 were different ages as they were all different sizes. Currently they are living in my bathtub because I don't have a place for them outside! My husband, who has never been into the chickens (and now ducks) has been taking care of them. We have a sprayer on the tub so every morning I spray it out ad refill thier food and water and when I get home from work he's had them swimming in the tub half the day! They love it! There is a stepstool in the tub for them to rest on..

I don't know if they are drakes or hens though. Wish I knew!

Anyway add me to the club list please!!
hugs.gif

Love, Love, Love your pics. 3 acres. I have 2 two week old Pekins (and 1 Rouen) and now I have something to work towards. Great bonding.
What a wonderful home you have provided for them.

Last edited:
I just love the names people give their pets! Mine are 6 weeks today and I just can't believe that they grew that fast! If I would of known they were coming I would of constructed their palace sooner. Hubby is still working (and his real job) If he would build it to my dreams it would take him a month of full town work!
love.gif
Gotta love him for what he puts up with!

So those of you that say your Pekins are very friendly - did you do something special to get them that way?  All of my poultry still runs and hides any time I come anywhere near them, even though I am out there at least a half hour a day to clean out the coop and socialize, usually more than that...

My 3 girls are imprinted on me . I ordered them and when I opened the box I talked very softly and held each of them a lot the first day all together at times too. For the first couple of days I spent hours talking to them , cuddling them and imitating the sounds they made. I gave them lots of treats too ;p now they are obsessed w me haha they think ima a "MAMA duck" they run to me when frightened , they sit by my feet just to chill out or nip at my pa t leg when they want on my lap ;) they quack loudly when they can't see me. They are starting to listen to commands . They follow me allllllll over the yard no matter what I'm doing. If I'm there they are there. If I lay on the ground they lay on top of me lol their FAV treats are PEAS and blueberries .
The trick to it is time spent I think , treats, and patience with voice tone .... Idk these are my first ducks ( they are 5weeks old now) but maybe I got lucky ... I've really worked w them and my barred rocks . Some species act different tho.. Some flaker than others . Good luck!

Mine were at least a week old when we got them. Impulse buy at the Feed Store, LOL. Both ducks love peas, but both will run away as soon as they are gone. Aflac will sort of calm down when you hold him but squawks the entire time. Daffy (the Swedish duck, but no one comments on that thread) will claw you to death.

Hi Nickeechickee

My three ducks are two weeks old tomorrow. They were very skittish and still are to some degree. They love bath time so if they see me getting the tub they really start making a noise. They will settle when I hold them but if they get separated they make quite a racket. They will not eat out of my hand yet but will eat squished banana if I throw it on the grass when they are outside for play time.

Hi! I want to join too!! We bought 3 pekin's April 4 at an animal sawp that were a week to day old. Pretty sure all 3 were different ages as they were all different sizes. Currently they are living in my bathtub because I don't have a place for them outside! My husband, who has never been into the chickens (and now ducks) has been taking care of them. We have a sprayer on the tub so every morning I spray it out ad refill thier food and water and when I get home from work he's had them swimming in the tub half the day! They love it! There is a stepstool in the tub for them to rest on..

I don't know if they are drakes or hens though. Wish I knew!

Anyway add me to the club list please!!
hugs.gif

Welcome! I have added you to this list! Have you named your little ones yet?

I just love the names people give their pets! Mine are 6 weeks today and I just can't believe that they grew that fast! If I would of known they were coming I would of constructed their palace sooner. Hubby is still working (and his real job) If he would build it to my dreams it would take him a month of full town work!
love.gif
Gotta love him for what he puts up with!
goodpost.gif

My 3 girls are imprinted on me . I ordered them and when I opened the box I talked very softly and held each of them a lot the first day all together at times too. For the first couple of days I spent hours talking to them , cuddling them and imitating the sounds they made. I gave them lots of treats too ;p now they are obsessed w me haha they think ima a "MAMA duck" they run to me when frightened , they sit by my feet just to chill out or nip at my pa t leg when they want on my lap
wink.png
they quack loudly when they can't see me. They are starting to listen to commands . They follow me allllllll over the yard no matter what I'm doing. If I'm there they are there. If I lay on the ground they lay on top of me lol their FAV treats are PEAS and blueberries .
The trick to it is time spent I think , treats, and patience with voice tone .... Idk these are my first ducks ( they are 5weeks old now) but maybe I got lucky ... I've really worked w them and my barred rocks . Some species act different tho.. Some flaker than others . Good luck!

I think the ordering them makes a difference. Instead of going to a feed store where they have strangers all around them for days, sometimes longer, ordering online means they should be sent day of hatch so when they arrive, you are the first one they see. :D

Thanks I'm a mama of 2 white crested ducks and I'm loving every moment of it! I never would have thought having ducks would be as awesome as it is right now. I love them more and more every day! I had a question tho is it normal for ducks to pant like dogs do? Cause mine have been doing it a lot more lately. They always have water so I know it's not that just not sure what it means. Thanks for your help and I'm so glad there is a place for all us duck/chicken people out there. I thought I was the only one who was crazy about their ducks like I am.

Back
Top Bottom