Pekin Duck Club!

[/IMG]

I was just curious to whether my sister duck is actually a pekin. She bought 4 of them and this one is 3x the size of the other 3. We puchased our from the same place, and mine ended up being a muscovy.

please pray for her my 7 roosters same age for some reason went crazy on breeding and storms and 4 hens got hurt. But this one real bad she with my baby's at the moment. She needs the heat lamp right know. To warm her up.she got wet and cold and hurt. She couldn't walk right out side. Partner brought her in and sprayed her down with medicine. She doing really well with baby's . He was going to put her with my middle pekins but there a little rougher and it's a smaller space. Other three our in house with my eggers.

[/IMG]

I was just curious to whether my sister duck is actually a pekin. She bought 4 of them and this one is 3x the size of the other 3. We puchased our from the same place, and mine ended up being a muscovy.

In the photos I've seen of French White Muscovies, they do have that mark on their bill. However, I believe they have red outlining their bills by four weeks.

So I just got 4 perking ducks and they are about 1.5 weeks old... Any ideas on how to keep the brooder a little cleaner in terms of their water spilling and can I let them swim in water supervised?

My last go around with ducklings I put the water in a clay pot bottom (the part that you sit your plants in) & put that into a bigger one, & ended up with three layers of bottoms. This worked well for me as I am in & out of the house all day. I just dumped all the trays which kept the rest of the bedding a little bit dryer. Also, I have let my ducklings in the water closely supervised & helped them dry off & warm up after. They seemed to really enjoy it & it was fun to watch. Enjoy them, they grow quickly.

Have you all seen this show on the CBS Evening News?

I think this family is a member on our BYC site? This is a cute story that all us Pekin and duck loves will enjoy

Back
Top Bottom