Pekin Duck Club!

We just got our second set of 2 Pekins last month. They were about 2-3 weeks when we got them and that was almost 4 weeks ago. So they are about 7 weeks old now. I will have to post pictures of the house I built them. So far they are enjoying it. I have to add more room for the fenced in portion and add a pond with cleaning drain. But other than that it is fully functional and they have been living outside for a little over a week now just fine.

Thought I'd share a little update of Thelma and Louise. They are now 8 days old and today they had their first swim! They have been flipping over their water container the past day or two and my husband says, "They're in their adolescence! They're hooligans!" LOL!

0.jpg

My Pekin Whiskey died last night. She had what appeared to be niacin deficiency. We lost our newest blue Swedish baby the night before. We have one straight run mystery duck left and I don't know what to do!
1f622.png

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your losses! I know that hurts, especially two back to back. Is the mystery duck acting fine?

Yes she/he is. The blue Swedish acted fine then when we were holding her she made weird noises & wouldn't drink, we woke up the next morning and she was dead. Our Pekin whiskey has had her legs messed up for a week now and they seemed to get worse. We gave her nutradrench for niacin deficiency and no improvement. We woke up this morning and I think she was just in so much pain she passed. I'm really worried about Echo now... I'm cleaning and disinfecting her pen today & letting her take a bath.

We've raised ducks for going on 3 years now and only had two losses one from failure to thrive and one from an animal attack. We live in the city so animal attacks are more rare here. Thanks for your response.

Back
Top Bottom