Pekin Duck Club!

What a great bunch of photos today!!

My daughter named them Scrooge and Webbigael. First time outside since we got them last week. The weather has been pretty crappy here in MI. The female seems to be quite bow-legged. Not sure if that is bad or if she will grow out of it. Any thoughts about that? They had no interest in our chickens and the chickens had no interest in them. I expected differently, lol.
Are you giving them niacin?

Oh yes ! Calling it just messy is an understatement lol.
X2! Mine have started this new thing where they take their food in their mouth, run clear across the run to where their water is (I keep it distanced from their feed on purpose) and drop the whole mouthful into their water, then "fish" for it.

Welcome!!

Silly ducks - today I found 2 eggs in their swimming tub when I cleaned it out. Who knows how long they've been there - gave them to the dogs. I have at least 2 that are faithfully laying every day now!

three days old.
three weeks old.

I am astonished how fast these little guys grow!

It got up to a whopping 46 degrees today lol so I took the 3 week olds outside with me. I thought I was going to have issues with my flock picking on the babies but nope, I dont think they cared less. The ducks came over to check them out but the large multi colored duckling chased them lol .

All 3 ducklings are Pekin in their blood, in case anyone was wondering. The small one is mallard (mom) / Pekin/rouen mix (dad), the yellow one is a pekin (mom)/ pekin/rouen mix (dad), and the large one is Pekin (mom) / Pekin/Rouen mix (dad)

Thank You very much :) I just love spending my time outside with him/her. Can't wait to find out if Quack-Quack is a male or female. . . . . If males are Drakes what are females called?

Back
Top Bottom