Pekin Duck Club!

So my crested pekin has an official name..

Cosette

Isn't that just an exquisite name for such a royal bird?
smile.png
I'm such a sucker for anything Les Mis so of course I love it! Good pick!

so I have a question.....and Im not sure if this is the right forum or not.......but I will put it out there.......Im interested in reducing my flock and wanted to know if size wise it was better to wait a yr or to reduce the flock at 6 months......?

I seem to think that this thread is more leaning towards pekin ducks as pets......am i correct?
This thread is for anyone who owns or enjoys Pekins as flocks or pets :D Anyone is welcome!

Stupid question: how tall do pekins get? Mine are only 3 weeks old now but in the process of building a duck house now and would like to know how tall to make the doors and high high up I can attach the tray feeder for them to take some of the mess out of it. Lol. Any helping pointers?
Soleil is around 19" tall just to give you an idea

Hello everyone!

I am a preschool teacher and BRAND NEW to Pekin Ducks (or any ducks for that matter!) I incubated 3 Pekin Duck eggs at school, 2 survived and now it seems I may be keeping them as pets! I was going to give them to a teacher who raises ducks, but decided I may want them for my family after all. My husband LOVES them! I am trying to find all the information I possibly can to be a good pet owner and make sure I am doing the best I possibly can for these little babies. I came to this site and LOVE it! Thank you for letting me join! Here are my 9 day old babies, Pippi and Tippi...

Welcome! Pippi and Tippi are adorable! Congrats :D

Hello every one just showing off my first set of ducklings Darkwing and Honey :)
What cuties!

Lost Sam-I-Am this morning to a stray dog. He was trying to be brave and save the chickens. Everyone else is ok but he was my favorite. I hope the dog doesn't come back for the chickens though. Will have to beef up the security.
Aww I'm sorry to hear that :'(

I cry easy, so please don't boo my first attempt at making a duck video....
lol.png
....I'll get better....(probably not).

from a few days ago..,,

edited: looks like the video is cut off???...and quality sucks....dang, (fail)...lol.
What a beautiful flock!

Do any of you incubate pekins? I've read up and there seems to be alot of controversy over humidity in a still air incubator so I was wondering if any of you had any experience? This will be my first time with pekins but I'm excited they are so adorable!

I just hatched 5 out of 6 eggs. I didn't do anything different then I did with my chicken eggs. I just put them in turned them and stooped 3 days before hatch day. And only one of the eggs wasn't fertile so that's why it didn't hatch.

Ah darn lol...I just read so many differences. Like some say 35%, some say 45-55%, some say 65%, some say 75%, and some say 86%. So basically I guess I just take a shot in the dark of 35-86% and hope it works lol :/

Hi, I'm new to the site and just started a new thread with pictures of my new babies. Then I saw this and thought I would post here as well since my babies are Pekins! These are my 10 new ducklings that hatched today!

Last edited:
Boy I wish!
We almost lost another chicken last night. Our visitor came back! And honey got it! A 25pd raccoon! But it cost my Sofies eye and maybe the other eye. Shes walking in circles right now. Boy is she scared. But she got up and tried to come and see me.

Back
Top Bottom