Pekin Duck Club!

Thank you! It's very exciting started making the pen today, still have the coop to do but this is so far.
don't mind the free ranging chicken wandering around during construction lol

Last edited:
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if this is a case of classic bumblefoot? I'm new to owing these types of animals so any and all help is appreciated.

Hello All, Can anyone tell me if this is a case of classic bumblefoot? I'm new to owing these types of animals so any and all help is appreciated.
Yes that is bumblefoot. Not too bad yet. It can get much worse! I use tricide neo, which you can get from most koi and pond supply houses. I soak the foot for 5 minutes a day, which clears it up nicely in a few weeks. People also have very good luck with clear iodine, which can also be found at drug stores. If your duck is comfortable being handled, an Epsom salt foot soak daily also helps with the swelling.

Alright I need advice! My ducks (2 pekin) about 6 weeks plus drink a ton of water like 10 liters a day, I have to refill the water (5 liters) 2 times a day I am baffled...... is this normal.....and I do have cedar shavings in the coop....is that bad? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom