Pekin Duck Club!

eeeeee, so cute.  would the definite quack mean a little girl?  I love quacks. 
As far as I have read, I believe so... I'm a newbie to the world of ducks though so I'm not 100℅ sure. Hopefully though! The first couple times she did it I thought it was a cough which had me a little worried. Then this morning it was clear as could be.

How sweet the 4some is so close. Great pic of all of them snuggling. That pool incident was a scary read. Congratulations on saving the turkey's life. Silly little turkey. I am so very happy the ending was a happy one. Thank goodness. Great idea to lock them up while the web footed ones swim.
How adorable! When I got my ducklings from the feed store, there were little baby turkeys there and they were so sweet and cute. This reminds me of when my chicks lived with my 2 ducklings, the ducks would splash in the water bowl, and my EE chick thought it would be fun to try also!

So the ducklings now officially have razor sharp claws! I picked them up and ended up with a fairly deep gash on my finger. Looking forward to when I very rarely have to pick them now.
lol.png

Females are the only ones who truly have a definite quack. Drakes sound like a very raspy whisper by comparrisson. Also when the ducklings get all of their big bird feathers. The drakes will always have a curled tail feather.

How adorable! When I got my ducklings from the feed store, there were little baby turkeys there and they were so sweet and cute. This reminds me of when my chicks lived with my 2 ducklings, the ducks would splash in the water bowl, and my EE chick thought it would be fun to try also!
Funny that the non water birds mimic the water birds. But it's great they all get along so well.

So the ducklings now officially have razor sharp claws! I picked them up and ended up with a fairly deep gash on my finger. Looking forward to when I very rarely have to pick them now.
lol.png
Yes, so true. When my friend picked up his pekin one time a year ago, she scratched his forearm to shreds. He still has scars. He only handles her when he has to.

As far as I have read, I believe so... I'm a newbie to the world of ducks though so I'm not 100℅ sure. Hopefully though! The first couple times she did it I thought it was a cough which had me a little worried. Then this morning it was clear as could be.
Aah!! So cute. Love it. In the past before I got to know more about ducks, I never knew it was the females with the loud quack I would hear at the local river park.

Back
Top Bottom