Pekin Duck Club!

My pekin ducks are 2 months old they have been staying in their coop at night.. My question is do they need to have food and water at night? Or will they be fine until morning?
They should be fine not having food and water over night. I never keep food and water inside way to messy I take food up once everyone is in for the night.

Cute avatar

Welcome to BYC!

They should be fine not having food and water over night. I never keep food and water inside way to messy  I take food up once everyone is in for the night.

Cute avatar

Welcome to BYC!

Thank you! I got nervous and put it in, but maybe tomorrow night I'll do that. They make such a mess! The have a lot of fresh water throughout their yard during the day. And plenty to eat. I'm sure they would be fine. Their outside from pretty much 7am-8pm

Thank you! I got nervous and put it in, but maybe tomorrow night I'll do that. They make such a mess! The have a lot of fresh water throughout their yard during the day. And plenty to eat. I'm sure they would be fine. Their outside from pretty much 7am-8pm

Mine are only a month, and they don't have feed at night, but I leave the water in if I know I'll be late in letting them out. They don't seem to mind, and it saves me the mess!

What's a good age to put a Pekin on a pond. 2-3 months?
I let my babies go swim in a pasta dish or dog bowl when they were about a week old so I guess it is up to you but I'm not letting mine go in the **** until I know that when I call they will come back and not try to make a home there like my last ones did. They swim in kids shell sand pit thing for now but for me its about trust and they around over months old.

My babies have all grown up and have lost their fear of the pond... now they are hardly ever out of the water.. fun to watch them diving under and us guessing where they will pop up!

Think I have 2 males and 2 females. Hoping I won't have to re home one male... just going to see how it goes.
They sure are pretty.

I let my babies go swim in a pasta dish or dog bowl when they were about a week old so I guess it is up to you but I'm not letting mine go in the **** until I know that when I call they will come back and not try to make a home there like my last ones did. They swim in kids shell sand pit thing for now but for me its about trust and they around over months old.
Ponds are really nice to have ...but before letting your water fowl out on the @RowJimmy1868 please make sure you don't have snapping turtles Just last week a member came home to find all their gosling but 2 had been eaten by a large snapper when the adults took them on the pond. They are ruthless with water fowl even adults can have their feet bitten off.

Debs, thats a great link! 

I always forget to mention that the ACV needs to be unpasteurized to get the benefits.  
That link outlines things pretty well.  Except that I get the feeling they are trying to sell their product a bit too much.  You can find Raw unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar in most well stocked grocery stores.  Even wall mart will usually have at least two brands to choose from and Any health food store. Its kind of a staple in health food stores. 

Thanks, never looked that close at/t label! Makes sense!

Hello everyone!I am reviving 2 Pekin ducklings the 26 of may because the owner decided against them. And I absolutely know nothing about them! So if anyone can message me or write me on here everything I need to know!!!!

Back
Top Bottom