Pekin Duck Club!

I have three 2 week old Peking ducklings and I believe one pecked the others beak and it now has a scratch I am new to ducks and I just want to make sure this isn't a harmful injury and that it will heal itself if anyone has seen this before please let me know thank you :)

I have three 2 week old Peking ducklings and I believe one pecked the others beak and it now has a scratch I am new to ducks and I just want to make sure this isn't a harmful injury and that it will heal itself if anyone has seen this before please let me know thank you :)
that duckling has a very sweet face. I can't offer any help since I don't own ducks. Miss Lydia and Amiga are great sources, tho.

I have three 2 week old Peking ducklings and I believe one pecked the others beak and it now has a scratch I am new to ducks and I just want to make sure this isn't a harmful injury and that it will heal itself if anyone has seen this before please let me know thank you
smile.png
It may have scratched it on the metal crate it should be fine but you could put some Apple Cider Vinegar into it's head washing container ACV has healing proprieties to it. 1 Tablespoon to 1 gal of water and if you can get the kind with Mother in it. [Braggs is a good one]or some triple antibiotic or neo just nothing with pain relief.

What will my ducks like better for their bed? Straw or the wood chip bedding stuff?
I personally like straw better. Ducks have WET poop, and mix the shavings around until you just have a soppy mess, straw packs down, and the poop stays on the top so you can spot clean it easily.

On a different note, Daisy is quacking full blown, and one of her Swedish sisters are too! Now for the two others...

I personally like straw better. Ducks have WET poop, and mix the shavings around until you just have a soppy mess, straw packs down, and the poop stays on the top so you can spot clean it easily.

On a different note, Daisy is quacking full blown, and one of her Swedish sisters are too! Now for the two others...
I think I see where your name may come from, saltandpepper2. Look at the menagerie of blk and white in your pool. They are very cute.

Ponds are really nice to have ...but before letting your water fowl out on the @RowJimmy1868 please make sure you don't have snapping turtles Just last week a member came home to find all their gosling but 2 had been eaten by a large snapper when the adults took them on the pond. They are ruthless with water fowl even adults can have their feet bitten off.
I live in Sydney Australia and I don't think there are any just normal turtles that my dog throws around like a rag dole. Cute but cruel.

Back
Top Bottom