Pekin Duck Club!

Sad for your missing one, OldMissionChick. Prayers.

Pekin folks, I don't know if this member has posted here already, but they have started a thread about some leg issues with Pekin ducklings. I have passed along what I know - but since I keep Runners and Buffs, would feel better if any of y'all - especially with leg issue experience - might offer some support.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/990782/pekins-going-bow-legged#post_15404839

Sad for your missing one, OldMissionChick.  Prayers.

Pekin folks, I don't know if this member has posted here already, but they have started a thread about some leg issues with Pekin ducklings.  I have passed along what I know - but since I keep Runners and Buffs, would feel better if any of y'all - especially with leg issue experience - might offer some support.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/990782/pekins-going-bow-legged#post_15404839
x2 prayers.

@LadyHawkeAvery could perhaps offer guidance. Don't think my tag will work on mobile site. She has large breed ducks.

Thank you. I would like to know what it was. The middle of the day so coyote and bear are less likely, but it could be a fox maybe? I figured if there was something they would all be making noise.
A fox maybe? A raccoon could too. They're known to wring the necks. Depending on the size of the bird, it could have been an eagle, they can pick something up pretty cleanly

A fox maybe? A raccoon could too. They're known to wring the necks. Depending on the size of the bird, it could have been an eagle, they can pick something up pretty cleanly

If it was daylight, I'd have to guess an eagle or a hawk. Foxes and raccoons are generally nighttime hunters. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she's just off having fun somewhere.

Silly question here...do ducks ever sleep standing up? I know geese and chickens lay down and put their heads behind their back, but when a duck just stands there and kind of tucks his head down and doesn't move for a while is he sleeping? Haha

I'll look out the window at night and see her and she won't move a muscle standing still haha very funny!

Back
Top Bottom